Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tia Maria

amaruq
February 25th, 2004, 10:04 AM
http://www.pets.ca/petsites/pic.php?id=1875

This is Tia our Great Dane we had almost 20 yrs ago :( Took me a long time to get over her death.

mona_b
February 25th, 2004, 10:13 AM
She is just gorgeous.

I love Great Danes.My aunt raised 5 of them on her farm.They are such loving dogs.

My best friend has a beautiful blue merle,Jazz.

I know,it's so hard getting over a pets death.You never forget them.

daisy18216
February 25th, 2004, 01:15 PM
She was very beautiful.

i know how hard it is to get over a pet's death too. I lost my first dog when I was 14 yrs. old ( I believe. I was still in Jr. High School).

amaruq
February 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
You know she was the lazest dog ever. Just wanted to lay...later we found out she had a heart condition but then it was too late. I love the Dane but can't stand how short they live till.

Luba
February 25th, 2004, 06:10 PM
That sofa was allll hers right ;)

Carina
February 26th, 2004, 07:08 AM
She looks so comfy...I've lost quite a number of beloved dogs & cats over the years - it's always hard, especially when they are young. :(

One of Cooper's favourite girlfriends is a big black Dane...I think her pic is in the Halloween parade photos from way back. She's calm and sweet as all get out.

chico2
February 26th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Amaruq,I too have great admiration for the Great Dane,the other day at my pet-food store I met one only 8 month old,black and white..what a great BIG lovable puppy!
How long do they live?

amaruq
February 26th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Well 7-8 years old is old for a Dane but like any other dog they can live longer. Tia was 5 yrs old when her heart gave out. I found out later from the breeder that the whole litter was riddled with heart disease GRRRRRR! We got her for free because she was badly abused...fellow looked her in the basement and starved her.
But she was a sweet soul!

mona_b
February 26th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Nice breeder.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

I have posted this pic a while ago.

This is my best friends Dane,Jazz...And Her sisters Beagle,Peanut.:D

amaruq
February 26th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Isn't that a gorgeous color? The Danes are so regal!!!! Had one guy one time freak out saying she was a pit bul Ummm nope! lol!
Our front door has the Diamond window at the top. It's an old door but I just can't part with it cause it has Tia's nail marks from when she used to look out that window. Imagine coming up the stairs and seeing a window at 5 ft and a dogs head looking threw it. Scared the poop out of a few people. lol

wAggie
February 26th, 2004, 09:56 PM
dogs DO love pillows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D