Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

To heartworm or not to heartworm?

amaruq
February 25th, 2004, 09:43 AM
It's coming that time again folks YIPES!

I'm a little worried as i didn't heartworm Motzi last year because of allergies. I talked to the vets just now and they have "Revolution" apparently it sits under the skin? Has anyone used it and could tell me experiences? Like if allergy reaction?
Or do you all have any other ideas? I don't want the mess with Motzi to start again...but we do out out of town lots and the dogs go in the lagoon and in the forest and stuff? I really do want to put her on something?
Liz and Goldy had the Interceptor last year. Which was ok for them.
Also anyone ever had a dog with heartworm?

mona_b
February 25th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Well you should definatley have Motzi on a heartworm prevention.

My guys have always used Heartgard Plus.They get tested first.Then if everything is ok,they start from May to October.

As for the allergies and heartworm provention,I can't help you there.Sorry.:(

Lucky Rescue
February 25th, 2004, 10:59 AM
My dog had a large load of heartworms when I got her, and the treatment is very painful and very expensive, and depending on the dog's age and condition, can even be fatal.

I suggest you get your dog tested this year, and get her on some kind of heartworm preventative. You don't want her to get heartworm!

amaruq
February 25th, 2004, 11:26 AM
No heartworm I hope!!!!! It was just she had the tumors and the allergies and I was too scared when the vet said it could be the heartworm med. That was the guy we had before this new vet. This vet said to try this new thing? I want to cause Manitoba is mosquitoes heaven. They come small and extra extra large lol!

DAWNNOELL
February 25th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I use Revelution on all my dogs as it is for fleas/ ticks/worms and heard worm it ends up being cheeper than frount line pluss and heart guard. One of my dogs have been on it for about 4 years now andhe has never had a flea/tick or heartworm earmite or worms nor any reaction I greatlyu resommend it for any cat or Dog.