Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

London and MIssissauga Bullie Groups!

babyrocky1
November 2nd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Hi all, the Pittie Co-op has recently had volunteers from Mississauga and London offering to facilitate Co-op chapters in those areas... I know theres a ton of Londoners on this site whom we havent heard from in a while, Im not sure about Mississauga, Conners... interested???? Anyhow, please pm me if you would like more info... All the groups need now are members...!

wdawson
November 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
london is out for me.....even if i was close i think that area is very anti-pit.....mississauga would be closer if west end or atleast west of lornepark area.

Spurby
November 3rd, 2006, 02:07 AM
london is out for me.....even if i was close i think that area is very anti-pit.....mississauga would be closer if west end or atleast west of lornepark area.

All the more reason London could use the pitbull co-op! the more us responsible bully owners get out with our dogs, the better:thumbs up

babyrocky1
November 3rd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Words of Wisdom as usual Spurby!:thumbs up Besides I know there are extremely politically active dog people in London! :D

Conners
November 3rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'm interested!!! How do we find out more???

babyrocky1
November 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Great Conners!
I have been pming as many Londoners as I know but alot of them havent been on in a really long time. Interested people can check out the web site at www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and email me from there.
We have a yahoo group for organizing the walks so if you would like to be invited on you can just email me with your email addy and I can invite you or you can search Yahoo under Groups (pets) and you will find the pit bull coop there. People need to identify themselves in some way so Ill know were your coming from.
The good news is that we have two people who will facilitate the London and the Mississauga groups. Thats why I have specifically mentioned those two but if anyone else wants to start a "chapter" Please join us! WE will help you search for members.

jesse's mommy
November 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I wish I could be there to help you all in this cause. :highfive: I'm happy to be here because there aren't any bans -- yet, but I wish I could be there in person to help and join the groups! :grouphug: Just know that I'm there with you in any way I can be. :thumbs up

LibbyP
November 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
london is out for me.....even if i was close i think that area is very anti-pit.....

I don't think that is a fair statement, yes we have had some issues here, but NOT always a pitbull. Babyrock1 please feel free to pm me if there is anything I can help with(sorry I don't have a pitbull but will a Mastiff do?) Every dog owner is at risk somewhere down the line and if we all don't stick together they'll win for sure.

babyrocky1
November 3rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
LippyP, the pit bull co-op has in its mandate that all are welcome, actually its "pit bull" type dogs AND their supporters so that means ALL nice people are very welcome, Im sure every one would love to meet your mastiff....even people who dont have a dog...we can always us extra hands and friendly company!:pawprint:

babyrocky1
November 3rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
I wish I could be there to help you all in this cause. :highfive: I'm happy to be here because there aren't any bans -- yet, but I wish I could be there in person to help and join the groups! :grouphug: Just know that I'm there with you in any way I can be. :thumbs upWhat...you mean people from Florida dont want to vacation in Ontario in the middle of winter ??? LOL We wish you could be here too Jesses mom or that the whole pittie co-op could take a nice vacation to Florida:D :pawprint:

jesse's mommy
November 3rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Our home is wide open! :D

wdawson
November 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
LibbyP

what i mean't is that alot of news stories about (supposed) pit stories seem to come from western ontario.........(check my posts about my thoughts on the media) they are too quick to blame pits..........but people believe the first thing they read or hear on the news........so i think there will be false complaints, either to the police or animal control , if this is going to work in your area , i think you should start out low key....and not parade out where the bryant fans can get
some ammo against us..( our dog's are not that friendly looking muzzled )
imagine 80yr old hazel walking her 12yr old yorkie.......2-6 muzzled pits walking down the street..........her first thought is the last pit story she read or heard.......jmo

wdawson
November 3rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Our home is wide open! :D

Great
we (family of four humans,3 cats,2 dogs) will be staying at YOUR HOUSE from jan 2 - may 31........we hate winter..........should we bring anything.......:D

BullLover
November 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
i think that area is very anti-pit.

This city is very anti-pit. Count me in babyrocky. :)

Conners
November 4th, 2006, 12:24 AM
ROFL And it's about time to show the anti-pit people WHO they are so afraid of. Maybe we can change a few minds.
Our dogs...or at least Shasta NEEDS socializing. Whether it's walks together with other dogs or play time. London needs a wakeup call and with the mulipal elections, I don't think there will be any fuss coming from City Hall.
It's not like we are going to do anything illegal, so what's the problem. It's gives us and our dogs a change to get together.
I think it's a FANTASTIC idea!!! :cloud9:

danni
November 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Hello all, my name is Danielle and i am the one that will be putting the London chapter togeather. I am so very excited to be doing this, it is going to be great for the dogs. I have a 5 year old rescue, got her when she was 4 months old from a kid that was beating her. The thing that make me mad, is that they don't tell people that this breed is one of the most abused dogs out there. People just think that they are mean, and never think of the mistreatment they get.
Conners i agree with ever word u said. London does need a wake up call!!!! People here a very rude:frustrated: here.

Conners
November 4th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I just tried to PM you Danielle, but couldn't. I wanted to give you my phone number and email addy.

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Great
we (family of four humans,3 cats,2 dogs) will be staying at YOUR HOUSE from jan 2 - may 31........we hate winter..........should we bring anything.......:D

Some of those indestructible IKEA balls would be nice. We don't have an IKEA here. :D

LibbyP
November 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Please understand I wasn't trying to stir the pot at all, I was commenting (IMO) that NOT everyone here in London is jumping on the pit bull HATE wagon. And No they don't look very friendly when muzzled - sadness is what I see, the spark and spring in their step is gone now when walking. I also think that everyone that would join in this walk/group are very responsible owners that already have their i's dotted and their t's crossed so that if a complaint was made, nothing could be said or done as no laws are broken. I think that if Hazel and her little yorkie came across 2-6 pit bull dogs wearing muzzles yes of course her first reaction would be to scoop little muffin in her arms, but that would be the perfect chance(IMO) to stop and talk with her and explain that they are not all horrible beasts, have the media come out and do a story, not all of London has responsible owners but name a city that does? So again Danielle I offer any help that is needed even though I personally do not own a pit bull type dog

babyrocky1
November 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Hi Danielle, great to see you here too. I will be inviting all that are interested to the Yahoo group to organize!!!

WAhoo......you guys!

Remember were still looking for Mississauga as well.:)

babyrocky1
November 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM
W Dawson and Bull Lover, I have sent you an invite:fingerscr If you dont get it please pm me, it doesnt always work, Conners I dont have your email Addy anymore....Jesses Mom a Pittie Co-op Florida chapter would be really cool...or should I say HOT! Or does Paris Hilton own the expression now...?hahha Ikea EH! good to remember LOL

I think you Londoners might find out that you already know one another, I know thats the way it works in Toronto, for the Bully Bash, I knew some people from here, from the telephone, and from other sites, when I actually met them I found out that while I thought I had connected with three people, I had actually been only talking to one under three different names and communication devices!

babyrocky1
November 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Ive just been reading the comments about possible reactions from the pblic, generally the reactions have been positive, and through the summer most of our walks were very public, but on the other end of things, we find that we also have a lot of recently rescued dogs that arent yet that comfortable with other dogs, and the most important thing to us is that we welcome those dogs and although there maybe some noise and posturing that may not give the general public a great impression..... the priority is the dogs. They need the opportunity to socilaize, so you kind of play it by ear with the group of dogs you have, once they get used to walking together you may want to parade them out in a very public place, (making sure everyone is in compliance with the @#$@ law) and other times you may feel more comfortable and less stressed looking for a less travelled route........ but still in compliance with the @#$*% law....
We try and build a concensus with the members as to what kind of place and time they are most comfortable with, right now we are down by the waterfront which is almost totally secluded at this time of the year so its really relaxing.
In the sring we were walking through a park and then along College Street so we met up with lots of people and dogs and it was great then too, just a different kind of a walk. The time the media showed up we were all pretty nervouse that the dogs might start barking or something, but they were all pretty mellow and did us all proud! Ofcourse when the media comes they can make it look however they want to, but the reporters walking with us werent looking to make us look bad. (City tv)

babyrocky1
November 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I just tried to PM you Danielle, but couldn't. I wanted to give you my phone number and email addy.I dont think you can pm a brand new member Conners, just pm it to me and Ill invite you to the Yahoo group.

danni
November 4th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I was think if springbank park for out first walk? What do u think about this for the first meet? I am a bit rusty at where a good place will be to meet, as i have been out of the province for 2 years.

conners; what end of the city do u live in? I am far east, by the airport. I am on all the same boards as babyrocky1, not sure if u are on any other boards. If worst come to it i can post my email for u.

I am excited about the walk and hope the media comes out. I welcome it..when i lived in Manitoba i called the media to do a BSL story about my pup. I was surprised that the girl that came had not even heard of it :frustrated: not sure what rock she lived under. However if any of u londoners have any suggestions please lets hear them. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Danielle

wdawson
November 4th, 2006, 09:00 PM
babyrocky

well said....that is what i was really trying to say.......

libbyp....read you pm..:thumbs up :thumbs up

babyrocky.....i got the invite...joined

danni
November 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hi all in the London area, how is Gibson park. That might be eaier for people to fine/ get to. What do u think about this place. I need to get the place figured out before i can think of a date. However i could use a list of what days are good for everyone. I would like to get this started before it gets to cold out. Please let me know what you all have in mind. Thanks:thumbs up
Danielle

LibbyP
November 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
libbyp....read you pm..:thumbs up :thumbs up

Thank you I did - all is good:thumbs up

danni
November 9th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Ok London people i have been thinking of doing a trial walk to see how the parkwill workout and how many people we can get out. I am thinking of Sunday Nov 19 at Gibbions park. How is this for all of you? Please let me know? I am going to put up some posters when i change some of the information on the poster. All are welcome and please come even if you don't have a dog, as some of foster and could use the extra hands. How to see you all there :)
Danielle

Conners
November 9th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Count us in! What time????

Conners
November 9th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm predicting that Shasta's first reaction will be very vocal and excited as with no back yard, she get's very little social times with other dogs and the ones that she does are always the same as they play in the living room.
(That's our back yard until we win this ban.)
I'm planning on putting a t-shirt on her or something cute, becuz how many people are frightened of clothed dogs even with the muzzles. I've always found that to be a positive way when approaching strangers unsure of why our dogs are muzzled and not knowing it's law in Ontario...and soooooo many don't!

babyrocky1
November 9th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Hey Conners, I just welcomed you on the Yahoo Group..... I just know this London group will take off like crazy! Dont forget to post pics and send some good ones to Violet so she can put them on the web site!:crazy: :highfive:

danni
November 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I am very excited to get this walk started. I will have to remember to bring my camera, and to take lots of pic's for everyone.

Conners, it is going to be at 2pm on the 19th of Nov. sorry i forgot to add that. I will call u this weekend sometime.

babyrocky1
November 10th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well london seems to be shaping up quickly and I think that there willl be a Mississauga one coming up soon.... there must be some more people on this site close to Mississauga....??

Conners
November 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks BabyRock and Danni
Yuppers, I've got all the email messages from the group, so I know it went through. I'm soooo excited and ordered a red rainsuit for Shasta incase it rains. Poor girl can not take any kind of cold at all and I go nowhere's without my digital or I feel naked.
I'll set my clock to wake me up earlier, but by 2 I'm starting to look :rolleyes: almost awake. hehehe I can't wait!!!

LibbyP
November 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Was there a walk/meet 'n' greet today? I was running alittle late but I did show up to the park and either I missed you or you were already walking. Hope you post again as to when the next will be, hope it was a big turnout and everyone had a nice time.

Conners
November 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Both Danielle and I were there but we didn't see anyone else. We kept walking from one parking lot to the other in hopes of spotting more people and their dogs.
We were wondering if there were too many entrances to the park for us to find each other as we couldn't find a couple more that said they were coming too.
We did stick around and walked the dogs, stopped to talk to other dog owners and I took pictures of football players pretending they were of the dogs. :D
Don't worry, I have lots of the dogs too. LOL
I'm sorry we missed you. Which way did you come in?

LibbyP
November 20th, 2006, 11:16 AM
That's to bad that more people didn't show up, I came in off Richmond by the Hosp. I did not have my big girl with me as it was just a stop through on our way to visiting relatives(last min didn't really want to go:o ) but I did have my 2 kids with me. Saw the football players at the far end and I saw a couple going over the bridge with a hairy dog, tons of kids at the playground a police car in the parking lot and thats about it. When are you going to try and plan again?

Conners
November 20th, 2006, 12:03 PM
The big Hairy dog was Winston, Danielle's Malamute. Shasta and Zar (sp?)were there too, but you probably couldn't see them through Winston or the bridge. The police car was there too and those were the football players I took a picture of.
We took a picture of a cute little black lab pup that we stopped to talk to the owners from out of town. We must have just missed each other because we kept looking back to see if anyone with bullies were there.
Wow! That's really a shame that we were that close and didn't see each other. :sad:
Danielle brought some posters to hand out. I do hope this get's off the ground as Shasta was in her glory and rolling on the ground just to be out amongst dogs.
Perhaps there's a better location to make it easier for us to get together? I know Danielle is open to suggestions.

LibbyP
November 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Did you stop to talk to the owners of the little black dog by the bridge? If yes we were just getting out of a silver van parked closest to the bridge/pool.

Conners
November 20th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah!!!! That was US!!! OH POOP! Then we just missed each other!!!

LibbyP
November 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
CRAP, LOL couldn't see any other dogs through all that hair:D ;) , by the time I got my son out of the other side of the van the 'couple'(of people) were already across the bridge and heading West? We passed the little black dog just before the pool on the West side, everyone was all bundled up for a chilly walk but at least it wasn't raining. I had on a green and grey coat and my kids had a purple coat and a blue/orange coat (just little people)

danni
November 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
Well that is to bad that we just missed you :( ....We did stand at the parking lot for a bit wondering if more poeple where going to come. But It was getting cold standing there, so we walked down to the parking lot by the football players.....Then stoped and talked to the people with the little lab X. Then we headed over the bridge...i parked over there cause my mom lives over there.

As for the next walk it is planned for Dec 3rd, cause i am planning on going to the Toronto walk this coming Sunday. We can try for the monday night (Nov 27th), if you would like.

mummummum
November 22nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Pix please...some of us need our bully fix on a regular basis !!!

babyrocky1
November 22nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
CRAP, LOL couldn't see any other dogs through all that hair:D ;) , by the time I got my son out of the other side of the van the 'couple'(of people) were already across the bridge and heading West? We passed the little black dog just before the pool on the West side, everyone was all bundled up for a chilly walk but at least it wasn't raining. I had on a green and grey coat and my kids had a purple coat and a blue/orange coat (just little people)
Libby P, why dont you join the Yahoo group, that way you can check with people about organization, also we post cell phone numbers etc and routes there because its a private group.... Its not as fun to chat on that group but it makes organizing the walks easier cause its just dedicated to that.

babyrocky1
November 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Congrats you guys and dont worry about a small turnout, Vi and I walked by ourselves lots of times before we hooked up with a larger group of regulars, the important thing is that you started... ! Sometimes we still get very small turnouts in Toronto, but a small walk is nice sometimes too! Its good to get the dogs used to the situation and when more people and dogs come at least your dogs will know one another, your also starting when the weather is not so great, but this gives you a chance to do lots of organizing til spring!

Conners
November 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
As for the next walk it is planned for Dec 3rd, cause i am planning on going to the Toronto walk this coming Sunday. We can try for the monday night (Nov 27th), if you would like.
I'm only good for the weekends Danielle. Sunday preferrable as I'm either babysitting the grandson's at my house or theirs. I made arrangements for Danielle (my daughter) to make other arrangements for Sundays because of the walks.

danni
November 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Hay all you Londoners....we are going to be starting our walks again this sunday at 2 pm...we are meeting at Gibbions Park....at the parking lot by the pool, off St George St. If you have any questions please either send me a pm or an email. I hope to see you all there. :pawprint:

LibbyP
November 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Let me know of future walks, I cannot go this Sunday, but after that count me and the big girl in for sure :thumbs up

Conners
November 30th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Shasta and I are IN!!! :thumbs up

danni
November 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM
LibbyP we are having the walks every sunday at the same time, so we will see you next weekend.

Conners, i will see you on sunday.:pawprint:

mummummum
November 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
And don't forget the PICTURES !!! (Jeesh ~how am I supposed to stay a bully-lover if I can't love vicariously????:D )

Conners
December 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Libby and other Londoners, our walk will be cancelled this Sunday, the 10th due to our recent snow fall. It's doubtful there will be access to the parks since they are getting London dug out.
For those that haven't heard, London got a snow fall of 4 feet overnight and shut good ol' London towne down. Literally! :thumbs up
Danielle hasn't been able to access the net due to a family accident and left me a phone message to let all you dog walker know.

Conners

~michelle~
December 9th, 2006, 08:58 PM
i have huskys and a spaniel.... but i hate the bullie ban it makes me sad. pm me if i can do anything to help

Conners
December 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
i have huskys and a spaniel.... but i hate the bullie ban it makes me sad. pm me if i can do anything to help

If you feel like walking with us, you're more than welcome. And we have fliers to hand out if you're available for putting them in your area. Hey, even your support is encouragement which is always good to hear. Send your friends to the different Banned Aid Groups and have them do some Christmas shopping there to help the Defence Fund. There's fantastic things to buy an at the same time your helping us stop this Bull ***** Legislation!!! So many ways to help...even talking to people and letting them know how uhfair this ban is. Education is ALWAYS good!!!

*hugs* Connie

Conners
December 10th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I am looking for a male American B:) ulldog to breed with my precious Mary

With all our fosters, human societies, and ACC full to the brim with dogs needing good homes you dare ask about breeding??? Go away!:evil:

wdawson
December 10th, 2006, 08:37 AM
I am looking for a male American B:) ulldog to breed with my precious Mary

you will not find help here

danni
December 11th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks Conners for posting for me.

As for the next walk on the 17th, i will check the park to make sure we can walk in it....not sure if the park is taken care of during the winter. I will post the more later in the week, to let u all know about the park/walk.

Conners
December 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Glad to help Danni. I wanted to call you but you have to
S L O W D O W N when you leave me a phone number. *giggle* I hope everything is ok and please call me and let me know.
I might not be able to go on the walk on the 17th if I don't go get xrays of my foot. Seems it might not be only one toe broken and I'm falling every day now because of it. I'll call the doctors right after I finish writing this. These walks are TOO IMPORTANT not to walk them.

danni
December 11th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry Connie....i should know better by now. I everything goes good :fingerscr , if you need help let me know. I will be glad to come over and help you out, just give me a call ( not sure if you have the house #). Oh just wondering if you lost your bank card? I found a scotia back card in my truck.

Conners
December 13th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Danni, for once it's not mine and I didn't lose anything. Not anything that I noticed anyway and I don't have a Scotia Card. :thumbs up
No more broken bones other than the baby toe. The problem is my self doctoring didn't work this time (I must be losing my touch LOL) and my other toes and foot has become infected too. He gave me anti-biotics and if I can get my foot to shrink down enough to fit into my boot half-rearended comfortably, I'll come for the next walk on Sunday.
Were do I call you to let you know??? Email or phone me ok? I'm not going out much these days with only one boot. :rolleyes: