Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

smelly cat poop

~michelle~
November 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
ok, so I have an embarassing cat. Moe has the SMELLEST poops ever. I mean I think i have a toxic dump in my house. he single handedly smells like a sewage plant ever time he poops. He's had this problem since he was a kitten.....!!!! its literally cleared out rooms! hes on a good food (Innova) I realize its not supposed to smell like roses, but this is excessive..... any ideas?:cat: + smelly poops= :yuck:

Sariss
November 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Maybe bring a fecal sample in to the vets office to check for worms.
It's probably nothing though, but just to be sure. I have a cat with that problem. We just call it stinky poop disease. :D

Maya
November 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
He may be intolerant to something in his food. I can't have dairy and a few other things even in small amounts or I will make toxic dump smell (is there an embarrassed emoticon?) I suspect it's the same deal with cats.
Probiotics might help.

pug lover
November 3rd, 2006, 07:35 AM
when my bearded dragon hit puberty her poop changed too omg it was horrible i took her to the vet who got a fresh WARM stool sample and it was bacteria in her system causing the horrible smell

bring a sample to your vet tell them what going on hopefully it nothing but could be something

keep us posted on whether it just really smelly poop :fingerscr or if it was something more:sad:

dtbmnec
November 3rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
My kitties had "radioactive poop" too. I had them all checked out and everything and it had turned out that one of them had worms. We got them cleared out and it was still "radioactive"....soooo I switched to RAW and found out that (lo and behold) my one cat is allergic to beef and the other to chicken! Since the boys have been on RAW I haven't had a single instance of stinky poop (except when we had to give Dart his last de-worming med just in case there was something left).

Could be a food intolerance...*shrugs* or could be more...:) *shoos you away to the vet* Go and find out :)

Megan