Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat problem (crying..etc)

Brat
November 2nd, 2006, 02:09 PM
For the past two months or so, one of my cats has become extremely attached for some reason.

It's become quite obsessive and unhealthy for both him and my boyfriend and I.

He will cry loudly at the door while we sleep. (our cats do not sleep in our bedroom) When he have tried leaving the door open, they knock things off our dressers, attack our feet. It just doesn't work.

This cat is 10 months old, he was adopted in February and he lives with his two brothers. He has lots of playtime with them and with us humans but I can't understand why this happens every day, ALL day. If we are not in his view, he freaks out and cries.

For example, if I go to the washroom for a few seconds, he will frantically scratch at the door and cry VERY loudly. He does the same at night when we sleep. We have never given in and opened the door. We hoped by doing this he would realize that his crying is not working. However, after 2 months, this has done nothing.

My boyfriend and I get woken up every single night by him, he bothers us when we're in the washroom or in the office. Basically, like i said, if we're not in his view, he has a big problem with that.

What can I do? I'm so stressed out.. :sad:

chico2
November 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
My 11yr old Tabby started beeing very vocal,hyper and needy and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.
Maybe your kitty needs a check-up,any changes in behaviour is usually a sign of distress.