Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog has pimple(?) on butt

korenf
November 2nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm a new member and had a question about a dog i just got named Molly. She is a pure bread beagle about 3 months old i believe. We recently discovered a pimple right above her butt. This doesn't seem to bother her -- i never see her messing with it. I thought it was an ingrown hair but i'm not sure because it doesn't seem to be going away but it's also not getting any worse. Any ideas? Could this simply be just an ingrown hair? Doesn't seem to be pussy or infected either.

Thanks.

Prin
November 2nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Has she been to the vet yet? At three months, she should have had a couple sets of vaccines already.

korenf
November 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
My husband called about her shots and the owner had not taken her in for any (she might be a little less then 3 months -- my husband has this info but i don't belive her owners were to worried about shots they just wanted to get rid of her). We are going to take her to the vet to start these shots but since i ran across this forum i thought i'd ask about this butt "thing". I would have taken her in asap about this but it doesn't seem to be bothering her so i thought i'd wait and ask about it at her vet appointment if it was still there.