Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vomiting for 3 weeks!!!!

lovemycocker
November 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Helllo!!!

I am about at my wits end and i bet the dog is also! My baby girl has been vomiting to long. My vet tells me it is food related and to keep trying small amounts. The only time she has not been sick is on rice. What a good 5 days for me not cleaning up vomit! I think the dog was glad to till she relized that was all she was getting for 5 days!!!! Now i have her on i/d vet food and this is day 3 and still not 100%. They told me it could takes days for this to calm down. I have been giving her about 6 chewies at a time several times a day and she is better today but STARVING!!!! She is surfing for any crumbs she can find. I feel bad for her. If this doesn't stop by tomorrow she has to go back to the vet and have a scope of her stomach done.
She never had this problem before. Always a good eater. Always done well on Pro Plan then i got a new bag and this started. So i have tried Nuto. Several with stomach issues. Treats have been non exisitant!! She loves her treats! Even the Nutro sensitive digestion treats she is not good with.
So if anyone has any suggestions I am listening!!!!!!
Thanks!!:ca:

Hunter's_owner
November 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
What kind of chewies is it that you are giving her?

Has any tests be done, or did the vet assume it was food related?

I would definetly suggest another trip back to the vet, or a second opinion...
I hope everything goes okay...:fingerscr

lovemycocker
November 2nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
She is now eating food from the vet. It is for stomach and bowel problems in dogs. I guess i am inpatient. I want the vomit to STOP!!!
She has not had any tests done. I think you are right she is going!!!!
Thanks for the reply:ca:

mafiaprincess
November 2nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
Neither pro plan or hill's has decent ingredients. Could be your dog is allergic or intolerant to something in both foods.

Hunter's_owner
November 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Better to find out if it is something more serious going on though, by getting some tests done, than to just assume it is the food.

Hopefully it is just an intolerance and a switch to a good food will be all that's required. Please keep us posted!!!:fingerscr

lovemycocker
November 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Any good food suggestions would be appreciated

mafiaprincess
November 2nd, 2006, 12:00 PM
We have a whole forum devoted to pet food :D
http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53