Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Worried for my cat!

ctmx0414
November 2nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Hello my name is Richard. I have a 7 year old female cat. Lately she has been acting strange. She has been hanging out in dark corners (As if she was nesting),(Has never been around other cat, and does NOT go outside). She has some vaganal secreations (LOTS). When i pick her up, she seems not to have pain, but cats dont really complain??
And she purrs when i pet her, but she does not look like she is ok. I've noticed her acting a bit differently for a week now. Is this some sort of infection? Will this go away on its own? Is there something i can do for her?

Richard.

Hunter's_owner
November 2nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
You can bring her to the vet. That is really the only thing that you can do. If it is an infection it will not go away on its on, and the only way to know what it is, is to see a vet.

Please bring your cat in to see a vet and let us know how everything goes.

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to tell you that cats purr even when in pain. You should really bring her to the vet.Good luck.

badger
November 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
I agree, get this cat to a vet. Something is bothering her.

Maya
November 2nd, 2006, 01:48 PM
She sounds really sick. You need to get her to a vet ASAP. Sometimes it's difficult to tell when a cat is sick because they tend to hide it. By the time they show it they are usually quite ill. Please post back with how she makes out at the vet so we can learn from your experience. Also cat's can purr while they are literally dying so it's not an indication that they feel okay.