Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my kitty becoming wild

megan may
November 2nd, 2006, 05:03 AM
I seem to be having a problem with one of my kitties, I know that I should have him neutered, but just haven't had the money to do it as I am still trying to recover from the debt I incurred when my other kitty was shot. As soon as I have a bit of money, i will have them both neutered, but my problem is that Leo ( the one I am having a problem with) is never home, he comes home when it is time for his meals, but leaves again. He has been doing this for a while already, but it seems to be getting worse. I decided to lock him in the house and try and cuddle him and give him attention. He went frantic trying to get out the house, I didn't want him to hate me, so I let him out, he seems to be turning into a wild cat. He growles at me, he never use to .... I just really want my old Leo boy back, what can I do until I have the money to have him neutered. Please help, I love him very much.

jawert1
November 2nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Confine him in the house, an unneutered cat should NOT be allowed to roam about outside where he can do a ridiculous amount of breeding. Give your local humane shelter a call and find out if they can recommend you to a low cost spay/neuter clinic ASAP, and if you can get a discount for having both cats done at once. In this particular instance, you need to confine both of them in the house and get them neutered as soon as possible - borrow the money, call around to find out who can do them for little cost, but do it now.