Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

for those whose dogs roll in poo or dead creatures

technodoll
November 1st, 2006, 11:19 PM
as you know, our little "hunter" loves to rub her face in, and occasionally roll on or eat, poop or super-stinky hideous dead rotting things... we got so tired of having to bathe her just to get rid of the stench on her neck and shoulders :frustrated:

so on sunday she again rolled in some horror, it smelled so bad it made our eyes water :eek: and i was in no condition to bathe her, so i just grabbed the spray bottle we keep handy for cleaning up messes, drenched the dirty spots and rubbed with a rag, repeated a few times, and let her dry off overnight. the next day i spritzed her with a leave-in coat conditioner and she's as good as new! :highfive:

recipe:

1 spray bottle from the dollar store
1/3 rubbing alcohol (again from the dollar store)
1/3 white vinegar
1/3 tap water

hopefully this can help some of you out too! :D

angeldogs
November 2nd, 2006, 05:29 AM
I will give it a try when my critter rolls in some.Beat the 5am bath well everyone is sleeping.

technodoll
November 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
hope it works for you too! it may take two "treatments" to get the funk out, and the fur still stinks until it's dry, but it really does work. vinegar is marvelous for cleaning and disinfecting anything, and the rubbing alcohol pitches in, too! :thumbs up