Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hard sell "facts"

Prin
November 1st, 2006, 01:35 PM
With all the info out there, I guess they're trying to "recover"....

Technodoll are you sitting down? :D

http://www.purina.ca/dogs/nutrition.asp?article=13

*disclaimer: the article in the link, IMO, I..M..O, is bunk. Total bunk.

technodoll
November 1st, 2006, 01:45 PM
ROTFLMAO!!

yeah and the ones running the concentration camps during WW2 could also explain the horrors away "no no , it's a spa! fair-trade working conditions! everyone wants in, we swear! we are top-rated in the country!"

(no offense to anyone, i just needed a very, very bad comparison here to drive the point home..)

Purina & Co, may you rot in hell for poisoning so many minds on this planet, as well as so many poor, innocent dogs! :mad:

Scott_B
November 1st, 2006, 02:14 PM
thats just sad to read :yuck:

What I don't get, is how heartless people must be to make this food. I mean, they must know its like poison. So how can they sleep at night knowing they sell a crappy product, are killing pets by slowly poisoning them. Just sad.

On the plus side, my girlfriends step dad has two Golden's. He used to show them. Anyways he asked why I feed raw, and why don't just buy a bag of iams? So I explained what I thought about iams and the benefits of a raw diet, and he borrowed two of my books on raw feeding. No idea if he'll read them, or even if he does, that it will change his mind, but at least he may learn something. :thumbs up

technodoll
November 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
can they be sued for false advertising? :confused:

from their own website at http://www.purina.com/products/dogs.aspx

PurinaŽ brand Moist & Meaty Less Active Formula with Turkey & Rice

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (Min) 18.0%
Crude Fat (Min) 5.0%
Crude Fat (Max) 8.0% Crude Fiber (Max) 3.0%
Moisture (Max) 33.0%
Salt (NaCl) (Max) 0.9%

Ingredients
Wheat flour, soybean grits, soybean flour, high fructose corn syrup, brewers condensed solubles, beef, water, liver, calcium carbonate, phosphoric acid, salt, sorbic acid (added to prevent spoilage), calcium propionate (added to prevent spoilage), DL-Methionine, choline chloride, zinc oxide, vitamin supplements (E, B-12, A, D-3), ferrous sulfate, ethoxyquin (a preservative), added color (Red 40), niacin, riboflavin supplement, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium iodate.

am i blind? where is the turkey, where is the rice? WTH? :confused:

btw i would not feed this carcinogenic crap to sewer rats :yuck:

Scott_B
November 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
I emailed them. Should be interesting to see what they say. :rolleyes:

Prin
November 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe the turkey is that unmentioned "liver".

technodoll
November 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
I emailed them. Should be interesting to see what they say

now why didn't i think of doing that :evil: how can they POSSIBLY come up with an explanation, i can't wait to find out! :eek:

prin... that's hilarious :D but what about the "rice"? hmmmm. i'd challenge any PURINA employee to feed that crap to their kids for ONE meal and see how they react!

:mad:

Scott_B
November 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
I wonder how many emails they get each day with people bitching them out!

And yeah, Id be very curious to see what the employees really feed.

technodoll
November 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
I wonder how many emails they get each day with people bitching them out!

apparently, not enough! :frustrated: they don't have ONE SINGLE food in their buffet of horrors that even passes the "mediocre" mark!! :eek:

you could never pay me enough to work for a soul-less enterprise like that. I'd rather freaking starve. :mad:

Prin
November 3rd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the Proplan sensitive stomachs formula is mediocre. It's their best one, IMO.

technodoll
November 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
pretty scary!!! at least you see lots of big yellow corn cobs on their bags, maybe some designer out there has a conscience :D

Scott_B
November 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Well I received a reply.

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate you contacting us, and bringing this information to our attention. Please know that your comments are important to us. We would like to assure you that they will be noted, and reported to the appropriate individuals in our Company.

The following is the correct information for our Purina(r) brand Moist & Meaty Dog Food Less Active Formula with Turkey & Rice:

Chicken, high fructose corn syrup, soy grits, soy flour, wheat flour, water, corn syrup, turkey, chicken by-product, rice flour, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, salt, sorbic acid (added to prevent spoilage), malted barley flour, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), calcium propionate (added to prevent spoilage), DL-Methionine, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, ethoxyquin (a preservative), manganese sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.

We hope this information is helpful and that you will let us know if you have any other questions.

Again, thank you for visiting our web site.

Can you say Gross! :yell:

TeriM
November 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Maybe we should just subject Sadaam to eating that food instead of hanging?

technodoll
November 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Maybe we should just subject Sadaam to eating that food instead of hanging?

aaaaaaaahahhahaa! a slow, tortuous death... i like it! :D

Dogastrophe
November 6th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Hmmm ... maybe Puke-rena is on to something here. The wild dog looks at his prey and says "wow, I bet there are some pretty tasty veggies inside that meat sack, now ... how do I get them out". :rolleyes:

Dogastrophe
November 6th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Hmmm ... maybe Puke-rena is on to something here. The wild dog looks at his prey and says "wow, I bet there are some pretty tasty veggies inside that meat sack, now ... how do I get them out". :rolleyes: I'm sure they'll make millions with that load of BS

rainbow
November 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Well I received a reply.

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate you contacting us, and bringing this information to our attention. Please know that your comments are important to us. We would like to assure you that they will be noted, and reported to the appropriate individuals in our Company.

Scott

Email them back and tell them you would appreciate a reply from their "appropriate individuals". ;)

Prin
November 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Uh huh... they may as well have just stuck them in there, even if they're not in the food- they're barely there anyway.:rolleyes: