Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Reintroduction of BILL C-50

lezzpezz
November 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Yesterday, Mark Holland reintroduced Bill C-50 in the House of Commons. This is a very important bill. Please write to your federal MP urging him/her to support it. For futher info, go to the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies website (www.cfhs.ca) Please cross post this to anyone you know who is concerned about the importance of increasing the penalties for cruelty to animals.

Lezzpezz

Golden Girls
November 1st, 2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you Lezzpezz. It is important evryone writes: http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/SenatorsMembers_senate.asp?Language=E&Parl=39&Ses=1&Sect=sencur

~michelle~
November 1st, 2006, 08:42 PM
oh i hope this bill goes through, it has been renamed and reintroduced sooo many times!! it needs to be passed! i have been studying this bill (and the previous namings of it since 2001)

babyrocky1
November 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM
I will call my MPs office asap. Who introduced the bill? Does anyone know anymore history on it, like whoes for it and against it, the usual political gossip type stuff. I thought it was the Fibs that introduced it just before the last election....

Golden Girls
November 1st, 2006, 09:33 PM
oh i hope this bill goes through, it has been renamed and reintroduced sooo many times!! it needs to be passed! i have been studying this bill (and the previous namings of it since 2001)You and me both :thumbs up

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:52:47 -0500
Yesterday, MP Mark Holland reintroduced Bill C-50 in the Canadian House
of Commons. This bill will update the 1892 animal cruelty act. http://cfhs.ca/
Write your MPs and tell them to support Mark Holland's bill!
List of MPs: http://canada.gc.ca/directories/direct_e.html

~michelle~
November 2nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
Not too many people say they are against it, however there are many people who dont think of this as a priority issue so it keeps getting pushed a back. there was also another time it was really close to being passed but then there was an election and it got lost in the shuffle.....
the public doesnt know too much about this bill because it never gets alot of media attn, and the public feels there are more important issues and when those are sorted out then we'll take care of the animas.
However animal abuse is a huge issue, even if people dont like animals (wackos) animal abuse effects them too. ALL serial killers have been known to mutilate animals and quite frankly people who beat their kids are probably not so nice to the dog. Animals abusers are people with aggression/control issues and a tendancy towards violent crimes, by stiffening the laws against animal cruelty it could get them into the system sooner and recognize them as a dangerous person. Plus it is a horrible crime, and should hold punishments that are appropriate

Paula69
November 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Hi, so just to update! Big progress is being made w/this Bill! Help spread the word if you agree or at least to help educate people on differences of Bills! We've emailed everyone on Canadas Guide to Dogs, EVERY MP, Minister, Gov't official, alot of vets, and trying to let everyone in animal industry know so we can get everyone together on this, cuz ya, it's time! Thanx animal lovers!