Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kaya's surgery

Dobb
November 1st, 2006, 03:24 AM
Well my baby goes tomorrow morning to get spayed, eye fixed and teeth cleaned. I think we are more worried than her about the whole deal, I don't think she even realizes that she is having it,,LOL. Must go explain it to her again and give her some more loving.
Later Dobb

Hunter's_owner
November 1st, 2006, 06:24 AM
I'm sure everything will be fine. It is so hard not to worry about it though, even though it is in their best interests. If only there was a way we could explain to them what was happening.
Let us know how everything goes.

Prin
November 1st, 2006, 12:17 PM
Aww, good luck. I hope it goes well.:fingerscr

MartiniGIrl
November 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM
I had two of my foster kittens spayed & neutered last Wednesday. They were operated in the am and we picked them up at 7pm the same day. Of course the male showed no signs of anything ever happening to him, he was just happy to be home, but my heart really went out to little Missy :( However, by the evening of the next day she was eating and drinking again, and the day after that she was so much better.

I dont understand why they dont give the females painkillers.

Im sure your baby will be fine as well

Dobb
November 3rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
Well we went into see her last nite. She was still pretty groggy and unstable on her feet, poor girl. Everything went well according to the vet, said she was in heat, must've just started as she showed no signs of it at home. Her eye stilled looked red, but it is still swelled and should look better today. Vet said she did both eyes. Wepick her up tonite so we can hardly wait to get our baby back home. Must get ready for work,,Later Dobb

angeldogs
November 3rd, 2006, 05:09 AM
good to hear it went well

Hunter's_owner
November 3rd, 2006, 07:26 AM
Yes, glad to hear that everything went well!:)
Give her lots of lovin and some hugs from all of us:o

Dobb
November 4th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Picked her up last nite. I think she may have to be put in her crate, she trys to jump up on the chairs and she is not supposed to be doing that. I guess she doesn't understand that what she could do before, she can,t do for a couple of weeks. Some nice to have her home.
Later Dobb

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Picked her up last nite. I think she may have to be put in her crate, she trys to jump up on the chairs and she is not supposed to be doing that. I guess she doesn't understand that what she could do before, she can,t do for a couple of weeks. Some nice to have her home.
Later Dobb

Oh, ya! The post-surgical zoomies... :crazy: Glad to hear Kaya is doing so well :thumbs up (yay, Kaya! now down...stay! :D )

Dobb
November 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Oh, what a day yesyerday,, this is going to drive me crazy. Had to crate her for awhile as she won't stop jumping up on the furnoiture like she knows she was allowed to do. She whines when she is in the crate, so I break down and let her out. The incision started to open a very slight amount I think. Or it could have been when we picked her up, it was like 2 millimeters if that,,you had to really look close to see it, it looks perfect today though. THANK GOD Vet did a good job stitching, she did it on the inside , you can't see the stitches. Is this better than the usual way where you can see them?? Signed up for a ins plan for Kaya, don't even know what I got. Phoned to activate the microchip and before I got off the phone I ended up with ins of some kind, have to wait till policy comes and see what I got. Around 17 dollars a month,,so is this a average plan for a shih zu??? Another ins company phoned also , I think that she is covered by two plans for a month.
Later Dobb