Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do you draw the line?

dmc123
October 31st, 2006, 09:35 PM
I am at a dilema on how or where to draw the line....

My family consists of me and roomie and a bunch of critters. There are three dogs, two rescued from a shelter and the last dropped off on our street last Oct. In addition we have a 15 year old cat from a friend's cat's litter. Then two cat sisters from a family we adopted. Lastly, two outdoor cats that live here that get fed, sheltered and vaccined yearly.

Now, someone has let their cats mate and now a family of three babies are hanging out at my house. Fortunately, one found a home with another cat loving lady across the street, but the other two are almost feral now. They must be 10-12 weeks if not more.

One is gray but looks like he has some ailments, we can't get near him. The other is beautiful, mostly white with spots. She (I think she is a she) looks at me as if "I should live here, I won't eat much". I feel the connection. How do I care for more? I can't afford to keep on taking care of those that have no one, yet there she is looking at me.

Diane

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 10:02 PM

Diane
For me it's a question of money. And then you have to think that they are too many for you to give them all the attention they want. And third,you can't save them all. Maybe try to find them good families ?