Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fatigued Cat

jiminmaine
October 31st, 2006, 08:13 PM
im new to the site, my name is Jim.

I have a nine week old kitten that we took home last Sunday. We have a year old cat already and we brought the new kitten home and they took a day or two but finally got used to eachother and have been playing ever since. It took about a day for the kitten to get used to the enviroment and to come out and start playing and being a normal kitten. She was very energized and would run around and play. since yesterday, all she does is sleep. She seems almost lifeless. I saw her eat three different times today, she hasnt been sick, and doestn have a runny nose or eyes or anything, she just is moving slow and sleeps all day. She did have a little bit of the runs, but other than her being immobile and playfull she seems fine. What is wrong???

jiminmaine
October 31st, 2006, 08:18 PM
Kiwi also was purring when she was asleep on my lap while i was petting her, so it makes me think that she isnt that sick, but i want to be sure!

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Have you been to the vet? I've heard that cats can purr if they're in pain (I think).

vfrohloff
November 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM
I would get her to the vet ASAP. Cats often do purr when they're sick so it's not necessarily an indication that she is well. Kittens who have diarrhea can dehydrate VERY quickly, and sleeping that much for a young kitten is probably not normal.

Maya
November 1st, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cat's can even purr when they are dying. :sad:

I would get her to the vet ASAP. Cats often do purr when they're sick so it's not necessarily an indication that she is well. Kittens who have diarrhea can dehydrate VERY quickly, and sleeping that much for a young kitten is probably not normal.

Good advice, I'd be at the vet now. Good luck :fingerscr