Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mojo has died:(

Angelica
October 31st, 2006, 04:36 PM
I posted a few months ago about my aggressive rat Mojo and after some advice I got him neutured. It was the answer and he went back to being the lovely sweet playful rat that he used to be. However I came in tonight and Mojo was lying in the corner of his cage dead:( His eyes were open and his legs were splayed out as if it got him by suprise. He seemed perfectly healthy, he was out last night like normal running around, playing and causing mischief... the only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I bought 2 gerbils on Sunday and although they're in the same room, Mojo hasnt been near them. The gerbils and my other rat seem perfectly healthy though. I was wondering has anybody ever had a rat die on them suddenly like that as with every other rat that ive had theyve slowly deteriorated and ive had to take them to the vet to be put to sleep. Mojo was only 6/7 months old, does anyone have any suggestions as Im worried Kenco might get poorly now...?

:rip: mojo

erykah1310
October 31st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Im sorry I have no experience with rats at all. I just wanted to say that Im sorry for your loss. :grouphug: :sad:

Maya
November 1st, 2006, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry. :sad: :grouphug: Maybe your vet can suggest what might have happened. I'd really want to know why especially since he was so young.:confused:

:rip: Mojo :candle:

Angelica
November 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys, the vet said that it could be anything, she said some rats struggle to cope with climate change (and it has just suddenly gone really cold here), or it could have been an internal problem that even Mojo wouldnt have known about which would be why he didnt act any different. We also found something online which suggested respiratory distress which could just come on suddenly. I just feel so sad cos at least when theyre older you expect it and when they're poorly you get to say goodby:sad: he was one of the sweetest lovliest rats I ever had... ive tried to attach a picture of Mojo & Kenco, Mojo is on the left if it works...

Maya
November 1st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Aww poor Mojo, what a cutie. I know what you mean about the expecting them to go a certain way. I had a similar experience with my kitty and I was very upset I didn't have more time to say goodbye, it's not fair.:sad: Thanks for the pic.:grouphug:

pug lover
November 1st, 2006, 03:56 PM
sorry to hear about mojo he was very handsome

Angelica
November 2nd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you:o

jawert1
November 2nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Mojo :/ My rat in college (a labratory rescue) died simliarly - vet said her heart just gave out though there was no real reason. Hang on to the good memories that you have of him :pawprint:

BullLover
November 3rd, 2006, 11:37 PM
Aw, so so sorry Angelica.

:rip: Mojo.

Strange that he just died with no warning. I have never heard about that ever happening and I'm wondering if there was something in the air. That is just something that I've never heard of. I lost one of my rats last month to respatory issues, so I understand what you're going through. I've got two wee guys now. :angel: