Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Whisperer in Trouble?

brandynva
October 31st, 2006, 03:22 PM
I know that there are many conflicting opinions about Cesar Milan, but I found this article that you all may find interesting. Apparently the humane society isn't happy with his methods.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/10/20/bad-dog-whisperer/

technodoll
October 31st, 2006, 03:32 PM
the show will now feature a cautionary statement to remind viewers "There are many methods of dog training and owners should work with professionals to choose the right approach for them."

amen for that... :thumbs up

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 06:24 PM
Good. Maybe if somebody big who cares about animals says something, people will listen harder.;)

heidiho
October 31st, 2006, 06:24 PM
If you read that article good you will see it is NOT the Humane Society it is the Humane Association that is upset whoever they are.

brandynva
October 31st, 2006, 07:40 PM
If you read that article good you will see it is NOT the Humane Society it is the Humane Association that is upset whoever they are.

Good catch! I guess I saw what I expected to be there. I'm still so new to dog owning that I'm not really familiar with who's out there and what is good training or not. I know when I see something that ISN'T right. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out! BTW, here is a link to their website. Looks good from first glance.

http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer

heidiho
October 31st, 2006, 07:47 PM
NO problem i barely caught it myself...:thumbs up

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 07:56 PM
Is there something bad about them? They seem ok.. Anti-declawing, pro early spay/neuter, etc, etc..:confused:

brandynva
October 31st, 2006, 08:01 PM
Is there something bad about them? They seem ok.. Anti-declawing, pro early spay/neuter, etc, etc..:confused:

I don't think so Prin. I think Heidi was just pointing out my error that I said it was the humane society when it was the humane association. I had never heard of them, but their website looks good. I like the fact that they are against child abuse and are involved in education in that realm as well. :thumbs up

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:02 PM
Oh, ok.. I thought it was a "ohhh, it's them.. Nevermind" kind of thing.;)

coppperbelle
October 31st, 2006, 08:23 PM
From my understanding the Humane Association is more of a group like PETA or Greenpeace. The Humane Society of the United States is an organization like the SPCA. They are very different.

MyBirdIsEvil
October 31st, 2006, 08:28 PM
copperbelle, you have it backwards.
The humane association is a combination of several groups in different regions that try to fight animal abuse. Humane Association are the ones that first started the "No animals were harmed in the making of this film" thing.

Humane Society of the U.S is more like PETA.

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:33 PM
copperbelle, you have it backwards.
The humane association is a combination of several groups in different regions that try to fight animal abuse. Humane Association are the ones that first started the "No animals were harmed in the making of this film" thing.

Humane Society of the U.S is more like PETA.

:highfive: :thumbs up Thanks. I was scared for a minute there... I was almost at the, "Ohh, nevermind then" stage. :D

brandynva
October 31st, 2006, 09:51 PM
:confused: Ok, I'm so confused! lol Before I read this article i had never HEARD of the Humane Association. I'm so glad ya'll are out there to keep me straight. Otherwise I'd be with Prin, "ohhh, never mind then..." ;) hehe