Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Harley

lakota
February 24th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I wanted to thank everyone for all of their heartfelt concern for Harley. It has taken me awhile to post this message. Harley died on January 5th. He was 15 years old and a gentleman to the end.

I had a horrible experience with the vets in NYC. I went to 5 different vets. The ASPCA (who I usually support for their efforts) were very neglegent. I left numerous messages that Harley had diarrhea like tap water and they NEVER (to this day) have returned my call. I did find a vet who was wonderful. However, it was too late. Harley stopped eating and it was time to put an end to his suffering. The good news; Harley and I spent so much quality time together in the end. He would snuggle up to me for hours at a time and in the end he layed with me and his sisters until it was time to lay to rest. He is missed very much!!! Thank you!

lakota
February 24th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Oops!

I just noticed I placed this in the wrong area of the message board. I followed the link I had from when I posted a couple of months ago when seeking help. Sorry.

chico2
February 24th, 2004, 12:04 PM
That does not matter,sorry for your loss,we all know the hurt:(
But Harley was still one of the lucky ones having had a good life with you.

lakota
February 24th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Thank you! It is amazing how quickly your note brought tears to my eyes. I am remembering the joy I shared with him. I was lucky to have him in my life.

Carina
February 24th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Aww....I missed Harley's story when you first posted, but I am very sorry for your loss. I think we all know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. :(

He was lovely...look at that tuxedo! And yes, he was a lucky cat to have you.

chico2
February 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Yes,Lakota we all are lucky to share our lives with our animals,they are sooo very important in our lives and when they are gone,there is a big void...but it gets better and you'll remember only the many good times..
Harley,was a beautiful cat

:)

Luba
February 25th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Thank you for sharing with us and thank you for keeping us updated.

I know Harley is purrrrring to you at this very moment :D