Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need help

jaybil
October 31st, 2006, 05:41 AM
I recently lost one of my old buddies, he died at 17 his mate is 16. For some time now the youngest, Stubby has taken to urniating in the house and barking during the night. I have put this down to loosing KC and woundered if after getting him checked out by a vet,and geting the all clear. What you guys think about getting him a playmate. Is he too old to handle a pup?

BMDLuver
October 31st, 2006, 05:58 AM
At 16, I would not recommend adding a pup to the family. The barking in the night could be a result of him losing his hearing or his sight deteriorating. The urinating could be the beginning of kidney problems. It all may be completely unrelated to your other dogs passing. Senior dogs need peace and quiet, pups are abnoxious, pushy and downright pains in the butts to an older dog. Let him have his golden years in peace and quiet.. he'll thank you for it. That's JMHO.

jaybil
October 31st, 2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks, my husband said the same thing. I would love to add another pup but I'll give my old timer the peace he needs. It would be selfish of me to do anything else. For now I'll take him to the vets and get him checked out. Thanks again.