Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

White cat found Montreal Centre Sud

badger
February 24th, 2004, 09:37 AM
A white cat with grey/black markings has been feeding on my balcony for the last few days. He is quite grubby so has probably been outside for awhile. He (might be a female) is wearing a blue collar and is very timid. I am close to Rouen and d'Iberville Streets, Centre Sud/Hochelaga Maisonneuve.

badger
February 24th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Whoops. Just realised he has a grey tail. Very pretty. Very lost.

chico2
February 24th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Well,Badger you seem to have a magnet for lost cats:D
I know,it's not funny,but it's weird how seem to know where a cat--friendly person lives.
Is he/she another destined for the warmth of the bathroom?

badger
February 24th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Oh, god, it's true, I've got the gene, and as we know, there is no end to this game.

At the moment he doesn't seem to want to stick around, particularly when my tom is barreling up behind me to sweep him off the porch. So for now, I'll just go on putting out the calories and hope it helps. And to be honest, Badger suffers when there are other cats inside. He's very good about sharing me, but he doesn't like it one bit.

chico2
February 24th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Badger,a few years ago,I had this beaten up big Orange Tom come into my backyard,I called him George.
I sometimes wondered if he was feral.
I fed him twice a day for THREE yrs,winter and summer,he came every day.At one time he had two strange wounds behind his ears and I was concerned he looked so pity-ful...
He never let me within 10 feet of him in all that time..
I asked HS to help and they were going to trap him and give him medical attention and have him fixed and return him to my backyard,because nobody would adopt a cat like him.
Well,he outsmarted us all,he somehow got to the food without getting trapped,so they gave up and his wounds eventually heeled,but there was many more to come.
My own cats at the time,even got used to seeing him outside eating,3 yrs is a loong time..
Anyway,to make a looooong story shorter,one day he did not show up and not next or the next and I never saw him again:(
I had gotten so used to him,I missed him very much...
We put a wooden box with a blanket in the shed,but he never went in there,he always disappeared after he had his tummy full.

apikcew
February 25th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Poor baby. Can you check to see if the collar is on tight? You could also put a note with your phone number asking if he has an owner.

Keep us posted. :)