Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Red the stray is gone....very upset

heidiho
October 30th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I just cant believe it,friday morning was the last time i seen him,has been missing since and friday afternoon i was gonn a get him a collar,guess i was to late,looked in every bush called humane society ,he is not there,she said maybe someonve else is feeding him ,and he might come back,she said strays can disappear for a few days and come back,but he is fixed,i thought they really didnt wander if they were,so pleaseeeee crosss fingers and hope he comes back,it is weird because the other 2 are still there,and they have always been strays so they are friendly but not to where they will let you pick up ,just when they want to eat,typical cat..

mummummum
October 30th, 2006, 11:13 PM
:fingerscr Here's hoping Red the Cat comes back.:fingerscr

jiorji
October 30th, 2006, 11:14 PM
oh no. I hope he's alright and comes back soon :fingerscr

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe he's saying his goodbyes to everyone,you know ; hey guys,I'm adopted now so I won't be able to catch up with you anymore.:fingerscr He will come back Heidiho,he is just wondering around.

heidiho
October 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM
God i hope so,but it has been since friday and he is fixed so i just dont see him wandering around,the othet 2 are there like clockwork everyday,keep fingers crossed,i guess anything is possible,..:fingerscr :fingerscr

jawert1
November 1st, 2006, 09:39 AM
I hope he comes back, but I guess I'm confused as to why he wasn't inside after his neutering :/

jiorji
November 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM
i don't remember if heidiho neutered him. But with strays, if you can't always find a home for them, it's a good idea to spay/neuter and release them. That way they still live outside and someone feeds them but they don't multiply. Not all ferals have a chance at the humane society or living with someone, so by letting them go after spaying allows them the life they're used to.
Makes sense to me.:thumbs up

any news on Red heidiho?

vfrohloff
November 1st, 2006, 10:09 AM
It's possible he's being fed somewhere else or has a nice little sheltered place at someone else's house. My feral cat Ted comes and goes, although since I built him a super deluxe shelter he seems to be around 24/7 :thumbs up Even if he is neutered he may go on a quest for mice every so often.

rainbow
November 7th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Fingers crossed for Red's safe return. :fingerscr :fingerscr

heidiho
November 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
He is fixed ,here is the thing when we moved in there were 4 strays one the people that we bought the place from took ,Red was owned by someone there but when he moved he left him,then there is Bob and Jumbo Shrimp,all were fixed and then released,Red first disappeared,now Jumbo Shrimp did,Bob is the only one left.Red was the friendliest one the others are friendly but not to where you can hold them or anything...We were slowly bringing Red in the house but he just wasnt comfortable being in there...Well we now have taken in a stray kitten which is on my new post that i started..So this one can be closed if need be.