Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moxy is coming back

erykah1310
October 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Got a call last nite at like 10pm.
It was the people who adopted Moxy man ( adorable little almost feral kitty who just needed some loving)

The reason for the return.... :sad: " he doesnt cuddle with us yet" :frustrated:
Poor guy. He's afraid of people. Takes a long time for him to warm up. He took to me right away when i trapped him, I think he knew i was scaring him for the better. ANd i was feeding him ( something he clearly wasnt accustomed to)

So he's coming back today.

Try again to find him a home.
Gonna have to screen really good this time...

I'll post some pics of him when he comes back as long as he's not too scared.

joeysmama
October 28th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Poor little guy. I'm glad he's coming back to you. But what is WITH people? It's all about them getting what they want from the animal. Some people aren't capable of taking in an animal to give him what HE needs.

The closest Joey ever came to a cuddle was if he would sit on the sofa within a few feet of us. If you picked him up and put him on your lap he would jump down. He needed his space--lol ! But he followed me everwhere and had to be in the same room, and to me that was as good as a cuddle.

erykah1310
October 28th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I dont understand it either, if the cat doesn cuddle then it doesnt satisfy "thier" needs. Really angers me.
But im glad they did call me back. I d rather him come back here then get dropped off again.

They wanted to know if Mia was looking for a home ( cause when they came she was all over them) like she is with everyone. But again, a rough start in life.. and who knows if she will always be like that... and besides she is my shadow... I couldnt imagine rehoming her..

badger
October 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Twits.....

Golden Girls
October 28th, 2006, 10:15 AM
They wanted to know if Mia was looking for a homeWhat nerve :rolleyes: ... glad they at least called you and not just opened their front door. People r sooo weird! Poor Moxy, :fingerscr for him.

When they return him why not suggest to buy a stuffed animal, there soft and cuddly :evil:

cpietra16
October 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
PEOPLE...patience +food+ understanding = cuddles (their own way) Too bad:( and so sorry that this more little Moxy has to go through the adoption process again. No wonder he hasn't come around yet...no one is giving him the chance. Please let people know that it will on the cat's schedule and not theirs. Charlie (1 of the 5 homeless in winter) has now just come out and allowed me to pet him...and its been over 2 months. People need to understand that these cats need to trust before they start cuddling....if they are the type to begin with. Good luck in finding a forever home.

Frenchy
October 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM
My 2 past cats NEVER cuddle,they always were very independant. But I adopted them and that is forever! I'm real sorry for Moxy,the last thing he needed was to be abandon :sad:

Toonces
October 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Poor Moxy but good he is coming back to you, some people:frustrated: sounds like they don't deserve him anyway! I found this article on line there are some real doozies!

Excuses for giving up pets give humans a bad name
By Denise Flaim

Newsday

What is the most pathetic excuse for giving up an animal?

Living as we do amid an epidemic of tepid commitment and laser-sharp detachment, people routinely discard their companion animals. Some reasons like a child's allergies or homelessness are understandable. But many are not at least not to those who consider their animals family members.

Rescuers you know them by the plastic airline crates in their hatchbacks, and the Milk-Bones in their glove compartments are in the nonprofit business of cleaning up the messes people make with the sentient beings they've brought into their lives. With big hearts and tiny budgets, they grit their teeth as clueless, oftentimes obnoxious owners hand over the leash or cage, or tank.

Excuses they have heard them all before. But maybe you haven't.

Moving is a perennial reason for dumping animals. "It's everyone's favorite," says Barbara Williamson of Utah's Best Friends Society, who polled staffers. "Nobody here can even begin to understand how you move into a place that doesn't accept pets when you have pets."

Another common catalyst is the arrival of a sweetheart. New lovers or spouses who hate dog hair or slobber issue ultimatums, and their not-so-better halves comply.

The dissolution of a marriage is a prime reason for relinquishing animals, as is the arrival of diminutive two-leggers. "When the excuse is that the owner is having a baby, I send her to the president of Alaskan Malamute Rescue of New England," says Malamute fancier Susan Conant, who writes dog-centric mystery novels. "She is the mother of triplets."

Yep, family ties can be nooses for some animals. Marjorie Lipson of Long Island, N.Y.-based Second Chance Labrador Rescue offered up the interesting approach of blaming the kids: "My youngest child is now in college it was her dog that we purchased 14 years ago," one owner told her as he turned over his gray-faced dog. "We never wanted a dog the kids did."

Norwegian elkhound fancier Lexiann Grant of southeastern Ohio had this doozy: "An Akita was surrendered because the family decided to do away with their current 'Japanese landscaping' and go with a Southwestern theme."

File this under "craven compassion": Pam Dennison, author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Positive Dog Training," had a friend who took in an 18-month-old Schnauzer. "She had a kidney problem, and the owners 'loved her so much they couldn't bear to watch her die."' (Postscript: The friend kept the dog, switched her to a raw-food diet, and five years later, the dog is still going strong.)

Debra J. White of Tempe, Ariz., started volunteering at animal shelters in 1989. "I have seen and heard the most dumb, pathetic and lame excuses," she says. "The cat meows. The dog barks."

But nothing prepared her for this beaut, delivered by a pregnant woman who was jettisoning her child substitute to make room for the real thing.

"My fetus," she proclaimed, "is allergic to the dog."

erykah1310
October 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Well he's 'home' again.
Little skiddish ( of course) but back up in his room which he seems to remember as being a place of peace and food.

There will be no pictures of him tonite or tomorrow. I dont want to freak him out. I have to re-earn his trust again.

He is snoozing comfortably in the hutch above the closet ( his previous hiding spot) again and has all his old blankies and toys again.

I still cant believe they had the nerve to ask about Mia. Although prolly I may have a few too many cats. Those little barn kitties hold a very special place in my heart. I wont part with them come hell or high water. They are family members now and forever!

t.pettet
October 28th, 2006, 08:43 PM
They didn't give him much of a chance to adjust. Dummies!

jiorji
October 28th, 2006, 09:34 PM
that's sad :(
It's taken my Peanut a year to finally sleep close to me and rub against my leg. She doesn't like to cuddle...yet :evil: , but it's taken her that long to get used to me and she wasn't feral!

I hope Moxy can find a better home:fingerscr

erykah1310
October 30th, 2006, 09:53 PM
He came out and explored about a half an hour ago...

I snapped some pics and am just patiently waiting for them to upload, but for now I am going to post here for nothing so I dont have to search the whole forum again for this tread :o

erykah1310
October 30th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Here is Moxy, the cat that apparently only hid...

" Hrmmm? I remember this place I think!!?!?"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Moxy/m4.jpg

" Wait a minute... whats that smell??"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Moxy/m2.jpg

"Oh, i better wait a minute, this could be dangerous"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Moxy/m1.jpg

" HI MR.FLOYD!!!, Wow, its you again, I was right I did remember these smells"
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Moxy/m3.jpg

hazelrunpack
October 30th, 2006, 10:21 PM
How exciting for him to find an old buddy! :D

jiorji
October 30th, 2006, 10:36 PM
HI MOXY!! i wish I could scoop you up and hug you and squeeze you. You're very cute. Those people are stupid for giving you up :mad:

hazelrunpack
October 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM
HI MOXY!! i wish I could scoop you up and hug you and squeeze you. You're very cute. Those people are stupid for giving you up :mad:

I have to agree...

joeysmama
October 31st, 2006, 08:53 PM
What a sweet little guy !!!!! Why would someone give up that cutie?

There's something about that little face--maybe becaue I know he just got "dumped"--that makes me just melt and want to protect him. I'm glad he's with you where he'll get the kind of love he deserves.

erykah1310
October 31st, 2006, 09:10 PM
He's going to stay here longer this time. Have to be kinda picky where he goes. I cant keep him :sad: Im at my personal limit right now. No matter where he ends up going though he is going to be timid for a while. Have to wait until someone who understands this comes along.

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 09:20 PM
Ahhh,he's so cute, he feels right at home :cloud9: I'm sure you will find the best family for him. :fingerscr

rainbow
November 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Awwww, poor Moxy.....but I'm glad at least those morons brought him back to you. Good luck with finding him his new forever home. :fingerscr

erykah1310
November 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I woke up this morning to a little nose on my forehead and some loud purring, it was "Mr. No Cuddle" waking me up for some attention.!
I have no idea what they were talking about, he is very cuddly ON HIS TERMS! You cant hold him cause he tenses right up, but when he decides he wants some attention there is no stopping him!?!?!?!?
He has really befriended Mia. They are always sleeping together. Larry is jelous I think, his sis has abandoned him so now he insists on sleeping with Kita ( strange after what happened, but has no fear of her)
(side note, the kita injuries I have to say were an accident, she is so cautious around the cats now, im still keeping a close eye on her and she isnt allowed to be with them unattended still)