Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So Excited!!i Have Cat Questions//

heidiho
October 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Ok First Question We Are Gonna Take Red In To Have Ears Cleaned And Get Some Advantage,i Am Completley In Love With Him,wish We Could Afford To Take Them All In But We Are Pushing Even Helping One.question,he Is A Dirty Guy,they Jsut Love Laying On The Pavement Where We Live And His Paws And Some Of His Fur Is Pretty Dirty,now He Was Once Owned But Is Still Just Not Really A Indoor Cat,any Ideas Of How We Could Clean Him Up A Little???and I Also Hope He Can Handle Getting In A Crate To Go To The Vets And Get His Ears Cleaned..next Question I Used To Have A Cat When I Was Little And When She Would Lay With Me Sometimes I Woudl Be Petting Her And I Dont Know If It Is Because It Felt So Good But She Would Drool,so Does This Cat ,last Night We Were On The Couch And He Was Purring So Much And Drool Was Just Pouring Out What Is That???also What Does It Mean When A Cats Tail Wags???does It Mean They Are Content??it Doesnt Wag Fast Jsut Kind Of A Slow Back And Forth Deal When We Pet Him And He Is Laying There..okay That Is It For Now.thanks

Frenchy
October 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
wooohooo! Congrats on the new family member! I never tried to give a cat a bath (and I will probably never! reeer!) But when I got Monsieur le chat,he came from the streets and was a bit dirty.He cleaned himself up and he's an indoor cat now so will not get dirty again. One of my last cat used to drool too ! If you HAVE to clean him, I have a dry shampoo for the dogs,don't know if they make them for cats but it's great. As for the tail,I think it has different motion to show :D or :evil: .Good luck! :cat: BTW,what's his name?

heidiho
October 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
He only drools when he is getting some serious petting by us and as he is drooling he is taking his paws and likes kneads them on the couch,not sure if that is how to describe it.So what does the drooling mean>>His name is Red,but i call him Redskins i dont know why...I know he i will not go for staying indoors all the time which i guess i can live with he does love being outside

Frenchy
October 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
So what does the drooling mean

Well,not sure but when Missy did it,she was in a transe from the petting,like ; ooooohhhhh,I'm so comfy now I'm too lazy to swallow ! (or like Homer Simpsons in front of donuts!)

heidiho
October 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM
That is pretty funny and i think you nailed it,A TRANCE is exaclty how he seems to,that is so funnyyyy