Notes of Encouragement for Shyanna

Paula69
October 27th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Rabbit murder spurs action
By NORM LEBUS
Oct 20, 2006, 01:19

Email this article
Printer friendly page

A violent Friday the 13th discovery by a young girl has Medicine Hat Police weighing some chilling theories in its current investigation.
Miles Albrecht's 12-year-old daughter Shyanna came home from school last Friday afternoon to find her pet rabbit Midnight mutilated, cut open from its breast bone to its back side, its stomach missing.
"My first thought was: What the Hell is going on? Is there a bloody cult running in this community?" Albrecht said. Cults co-existing along side the denizens of a right-wing, conservative city becoming a retirement capital of the prairies is one thing. But Albrecht posed a more unsettling scenario.
"If anyone knows the steps that serial killers go through, cruelty to animals and the killing of animals are usually one of the first steps taken."
Police removed the pet rabbit from the Albrecht residence in the city’s northeast end to get medical opinions from two local veterinarians. An investigator is currently on the file.
"As all of our members are aware, this is one of the indicators of people with some very serious psychological problems," Insp. Murray Morton of the Medicine Hat Police Service explained. "We have to deal with facts, and we won't know that until we locate the person and then try to determine what the root cause was."
Police investigated a similar incident last year, where a pet was killed and left for its owners to discover. While Morton described that incident as a stupid prank that went bad, police are taking this case very seriously, he added.
Albrecht, meanwhile, has joined forces with a Didsbury, AB woman to gather signatures for a petition lobbying the federal government for stiffer penalties for people convicted of cruelty to animals.
"Now it directly involves me - that's basically the bottom line," Albrecht said, explaining his reasons for circulating the petition.
Copies are available at Bratt Pak Hair Salon and Valley Pet Hospital. People are advised to attend in person to sign and not distract the businesses with phone inquiries. Signatures need to be gathered by Nov. 24 to reach Ottawa before the current session of parliament ends.

This is the story posted in Medicine Hat News about Shyanna's rabbit! And another reason for signing animal cruelty petition! Shyanna's father Miles will have her viewing this site to see notes of encouragement posted in another thread, so I thought I'd just start it here, if anyone has anything to say to Shyanna, please post it here for her, and I'll make sure she sees your notes of encouragement! Thank-You all!

Paula69
October 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the pain your going through! Unfortunately many of us have experienced trauma involving animals, and I share your grief, and understand how you must be feeling. It's terrible what someone did to your beloved friend, and I hope they get what they deserve! Be strong, you'll never forget, which is important, but it will get easier and eventually your tears will lessen, until then, I share your tears, and even though I don't know you, I love you! Hang in there! Fight for what's right, I'll fight with you! Maybe, in some sad way, this happened for a reason, to get poeple to stand up and take notice of what's happening to our animals in society, and hopefully take action! So sorry for your rabbit, he did not die for nothing, you'll see! Paula

cpietra16
October 27th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Shyanna, I am so sorry you had to expereince the cruelty of sick people. There are no words that can lessen the sadness and pain you had to live through that day but know there are people in this world that are kind. It will be hard but try to forgive these sick people because they are sickTake your experience and teach the world about kindness.

Mahealani770
October 27th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Shyanna,
I am so sorry to hear of what happened to your sweet bunny. There are some very sick and disturbed people in this world so please try to be safe. Midnight is running over rainbow bridge right now, playing with all of our loving pets who have passed away. Your bunny is safe now and smiling down upon you. Good luck finding the sick freak who did this to your bunny. God Bless. :rip: Midnight:candle:

Paula69
October 27th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Thanx for replies so far, I'm sure it will help! Shyanna willl be seeing this her dad said, so please everyone...let her know you care about her and her rabbit! Keep the good word coming, U good people out there! Thanx! We're here for ya to Shyanna, and I will do all I can to help you w/ the petition!

Frenchy
October 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Shyanna , I'm so sorry this happened to your bunny,but he is running with lots of other friends now. Good luck with the petition and don't loose hope ,there is more and more people fighting against animal cruelty!

ByronsMum
October 27th, 2006, 07:28 PM
So sorry Shyanna.:candle: Be strong, ok? Our thoughts are with you.

:rip: Midnight.

mummummum
October 27th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Shyanna, you are a very courageous girl for taking this terrible experience and using it to help other animals and the people who love them with your petition. It's people like you who will make the world a better place for all of us and the animals who need our protection and love. Thank you Shyanna.:pawprint:

i_love_midnight
October 28th, 2006, 03:22 PM
hi everybody. It's shyanna. I just want to say thank you for all the support.Midnight meant lots to me.:cloud9: :angel:

Golden Girls
October 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Shyanna, how are you doing, I hope your ok? I'm so sorry that you had to see such cruelty at your young age - there is horrible people who do unexplanable things sometimes but please know there are more good in the world than bad. The kind of people who do these things need help. There is no words that will take away the pain you feel right now but Midnight is resting in peace and in time so will you. Please take care of yourself :grouphug: