Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Im new and hav a problem

scooby
October 27th, 2006, 09:44 AM
:o Please help my cat is always happy and fit but today she hissed at me for the first time and has hidden under the table all day. She hasnt ate anything. Im worried

Sariss
October 27th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Take her to the vet to be safe. If a cat is in pain, they tend to hide.

~michelle~
October 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM
welcome to the forum :) please show us pics of your precious cat :)
she needs to go to the vet, sariss is right cats go in to hidijng when they are ill/ injured.

mummummum
October 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Scooby I don't know a deal about cats but when my dogs behave as if they are in pain or distress and I can't explain it I generally head to the Vet. Animals are very good at masking their pain ~ it's a survival instinct kicking in ~ so by the time they are showing signs of distress it's GREAT. When I take my dawgs to the Vet with pain I can't explain, I take a quick survey of the house and try to make some notes ie. change in diet; changes to the immediate physical environment such as a change in cat litter brands or household cleaning products; current pooping/peeing/drinking/eating status; favouring a leg or limping or any falling down/ bumping into accidents which may have happened recently. You get the idea. Please do give us an update after you've come back from the Vet.