-->

Fall Horses

Lise
October 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Jack,Rio,Folly,Arabesque and Happy starting to get winter 'fuzzies'

erykah1310
October 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Awww, the winter fuzzies on horses. How sweet. :cloud9:

Lovely horses , dont see many pictures of horses.

:fingerscr Hopefully if all goes as planned I should be putting up pics of a horse come early summer

phoenix
October 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Aw I miss my guys... :sad:

:rip: Phoenix and Tallah :love: :love:

Golden Girls
October 27th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Beautiful :cloud9:

meb999
October 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM
you had horses, phoenix? I'm so sorry :candle:

Beautifull guys, Lise :love:

phoenix
October 27th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, I had 4 growing up. The old girl, Sabreena, still lives with my parents (she's 30 :eek: ) in lovely retirement. My Nicky (Phoenix) died a couple of years ago- I loved him sooooo much. He was 28 when he died, and he was healthy until he fell asleep and didn't wake up. He was my soul. He's my screen name. And Tallah died last year of a horrible brain virus. He was only 15. He was a little brat but we loved him. I sold the 4th one (Flight) when I was in University because I didn' t have time to work him as much as he needed, and he was bullied by the others and had to be by himself so much. He went to a good home as an 'only' horse; he had some socialization problems.

Sorry for the hijack Lise. Thank you for the memories from your beautiful pic!

Lise
October 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Jack ,the dark bay, is 29 and still going strong!I'm so sorry about your horses phoenix,I think the bond with your horse so special it hard to lose.

Prin
October 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Very pretty horsies.:)

LibbyP
October 27th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Oh nothing better than fall/winter 'woolies', Lise I cannot wait till you post some pics of them with snow. :cloud9: :fingerscr some day we will have some horses, not yet some day:fingerscr Sorry for going:offtopic: I love foaling season as well, babies seem to know to come out with their 'long underwear' and shed out into spring/summer wear later in the season. Phoenix what types of horses did you have? Lise have you ever had troubles with a page wire fence?

Frenchy
October 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM
We need more horse's pics :cloud9:

Lise
October 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Happy on the road.

Lise
October 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Horses ,Tess and Nell

Byrd
October 28th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Happy is georgeous! I love appys.

jawert1
October 28th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Oh Lise, your pics made me get out my Regent's old gear (saddlepads, blankie) and all the pre-digital days pictures I have of him (especially the fall wooly sprouting ones!). Thanks for the horse pick me up :)

Lise
October 29th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Rio and Arabesque

Lise
October 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'd love to see pictyres of Regent and no problems with the fence you just have to make sure it's tight also I think it helps that they have about ten acres and always have hay or grazing so they aren't looking for food or space,plus they like eachother which helps!

jawert1
October 29th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'll dig out the ol scanner then - he was a 17.2 Swedish Warmblood with a penchant for treats, so much so that folks used to ask when my mare was due ;)

Lise
October 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM
We have the same thing with Arabesque he does a great I'm starving routine and Folly our mule is pretty solid too!!I'd love to see pics of your guy .Happy's out of an appaloosa mare by a westphalian.

LibbyP
October 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Love your pic of the Bay, our trouble was with having frisky foals by the crib feeder, sticking their legs through, we even tried to put up lattice and the little buggers would just move down the fence line, changed things up now so things are better. Yes please MORE lrg animal pics ppppppppplease :fingerscr

Lise
October 29th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Everyone here is pretty mellow.I guess they're past their exploring stage!Here's Happy