Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Should I still call him Monsieur?

Frenchy
October 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Well Monsieur le chat is back home and feeling ok but tired. It's me that almost had a heart attack. I told them (at the vet clinic) to call me at work and not at home to give me an update. This isn't my regular vet,I went to one closer to my place since it was a simple procedure. So at 4h30 pm,no news, I call them. The girl tells me everything went fine and I can pick him up tomorrow. I said how come tomorrow and not today? She replies ; well he is still wearing bandages on his paws because of the blood.....I said WTF ? Don't you tell me you had my cat declaw !!! He was suppose to be neutered!!! (I was kind of screaming at her a bit) then she says to wait a minute and puts me on hold. Now I'm swearing and sweating alone in my office,I already see the $$$ from the law suit....she comes back ; Sorry ! Wrong cat! argggggg ! When I picked him up,they told me Monsieur ran away when they open up the cage and it took them 10 minutes to catch him.Poor cat,I will never go back there again!

ByronsMum
October 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
HOLY MOLY!!! :eek: Yeah, don't go back to that vet again!!! If they can't keep which pet belongs to which person, then who knows what else they are doing half *ssed.

Good thing it was a simple procedure and good thing they didn't get the cats mixed up before the operation!!! :eek: Good to hear that Monsieur Le Chat is back home. And I think you should still call him Monsieur! Really original! :thumbs up

Prin
October 26th, 2006, 07:41 PM
OMG!!! That's HORRIBLE! I'm glad they had the wrong cat, but I guess we all learned a lesson- there's no procedure simple enough to be done at a vet you don't trust.

I'm glad Monsieurdame is ok.:D

jiorji
October 26th, 2006, 07:45 PM
uh oh

sorry my little friend had such a rough time at the vet :sad: He'll be ok now that he's home and mommy's giving him lots of treats, right?? RIGHT??

(i'm rubbing my cat's chin as I'm typing for you Monsieur le chat so you can feel better):cloud9:

coppperbelle
October 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hopefully the vet wasn't as dumb as the receptionist. Geesh, I would have freaked out.

Frenchy
October 26th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Hopefully the vet wasn't as dumb as the receptionist. Geesh, I would have freaked out.

Maybe not as dumb but I didn't like him one bit! When I dropped the cat off yesterday,the vet was filling up the infos and he barely made eye contact with me ! nope,never go back there again!

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Think that vet has any return customers?! :frustrated: What a lame way to do business!

I'm glad Monsieur la chat is home and doing well despite the vet's office! And you definitely have to continue calling him Monsieur--you don't want to give him a complex, do you?! (Monsieurdame, indeed, Prin! Don't be so catty.:)

meb999
October 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM
AHA! So you're a neuter-nazi!!
Poor Monsieur, what a rough day.

Prin
October 26th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Reminds me of when I was working at the vet... I lost a kitty behind the washing machine. Took me about ten minutes to get him out from behind there. And you know how experienced I am with kitties... Hey, maybe I should apply for a job there.:D

mummummum
October 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I'm thinking Monsieur Le Chat is definitely NOT thinking it's "Time for a Sexy Party" Frenchy.:D

Frenchy
October 27th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking Monsieur Le Chat is definitely NOT thinking it's "Time for a Sexy Party" Frenchy.:D

You are very right! He has been less meowwwwwwwing since yesterday! :thumbs up

rainbow
November 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your tramatizing experience with the idiot vet clinic. I'm glad that Monsieur le chat was only there for a simple procedure.

rainbow
November 3rd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Should I still call him Monsieur?

I'm confused. :confused:

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 02:29 AM
lol
Because he was neutered.. Is he still a man? (of course he is...:D)

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
ok...:o ...I always thought Monsieur meant Mister. :o Maybe I would have clued in if I had thought about your Monsieurdame comment. :D

:offtopic:

Hubby and I know a guy named "Manwoman". :crazy:

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Monsieur does mean mister.. :o

Poor guy. That's just about the only name worse than Gaylord...

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Depends if you were neutered or not.:D

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 11:41 PM
lol but I read the post already! And I replied... And now it's gone...:D

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM
LOL...you were faster than my patience with the slow board. :D

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Arrrrgh....this board works faster for Easterners. :frustrated:

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 11:45 PM
lol no, you just got stuck in a bad wave...:shrug:

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Poor guy. That's just about the only name worse than Gaylord...

He had it changed legally and, actually, he is a very intelligent person. Some of his artwork is quite well known. He has a son named Felix the Cat. :crazy:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Gaylord :p is he ? :o

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Frenchy it's just a name (a baaad name). So you're born, given a bad name and you change it and then give your kid a bad name?:confused:

rainbow
November 5th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Still :offtopic:

http://www.theartscouncil.ca/members/manwoman.html

http://www.abcbookworld.com/?state=view_author&author_id=1731

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/manwoman/

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Ohhhh so he changed his name TO manwoman... I thought he was born manwoman and changed it... It all makes sense now.:D

hazelrunpack
November 5th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Ohhhh so he changed his name TO manwoman... I thought he was born manwoman and changed it... It all makes sense now.:D

No...nothing makes sense :confused: This is worse than the pop-culture quizzes! :eek: I think I'm happier not knowing on this one, though... :confused:

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM
No...nothing makes sense :confused: This is worse than the pop-culture quizzes! :eek: I think I'm happier not knowing on this one, though... :confused:

Ya ya ! :cool:

hazelrunpack
November 5th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Oh...ya, ya :cool: you betchya... sorry Frenchy...I keep forgetting! :shrug:

:D

rainbow
November 5th, 2006, 01:26 AM
He's a very intriguing man. :)

hazelrunpack
November 5th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Actually, after looking at the links, I see what you mean! Author...artist...very talented chap!:thumbs up