Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

David Miller

seeker
October 25th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Please remember yourself and remind any friends that are sympathetic to our cause that Miller fully supported the Liberal's Pitbull Ban.
Polls today at the Star show a virtual tie and Pitfield slightly in front on 680 News . If you live in TO please vote on this on the appropriate websites {sorry for not linking them here} , I would but I don't live there .

babyrocky1
October 25th, 2006, 08:59 PM
ahhh computer problems, I just typed a really long response and I got logged off somehow, so Ill make this as short as possible... Please dont forget the local councillors.... Ive been out with Rocky campaigning against
BSL.... In my riding, Trintiy Spadina, it took Quite some time, but Helen kennedy did say NO to BSL while Adam Vaughan, surprisingly enough as he is the former City tv ancor, said that he felt that the onus should be on the owner but on the other hand when Pit bulls attack they are more dangerous than other dogs... ofcourse I disagreed and he agreed to hear more of my side of the argument so if anyone would like to email him on the isuue ... please feel free! BTW to be fair to Adam Vaughan, I am totally paraphrasing but he obviously needs to be eduacated cause I think he is going to win!

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, I know this thread is a little bit old but TOMORROW is the day to vote in Toronto ~ so if you haven't asked your riding's incumbent and their rival candidates what their stance is on BSL and what they have done or will do to campaign against it ~ it's not too late! It would also be worth your while to ask what they have done or will do to seek protection and better rights for animals in Toronto. And VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!

pitbulliest
November 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I called up some of the councillor candidates in ward 3.

Ross Vaughan completely does NOT agree with BSL. He states that there's no difference in being attacked by a poodle or a pit bull. A dangerous dog is a dangerous dog NOT because of the breed it is...I was happy with that answer.

Lilian Lanca used to have a pit bull.. she didn't agree with BSL either which was nice...

Doug Holyday seemed like an azz..I tried to talk to him on the phone but he said that he isn't responsible for the legislation and that its not the job of the councilors so he doesn't have anything to do with it..in other words, he did not or did not want to give me an answer..I didn't like him..*shrugs*

Peter Kudryk wasn't home so I couldn't get in touch with him or his office in time.

--------------

Ward 2

Shane Daly is totally against BSL. He feels Michael Bryant did it to make himself look like a hero..and he feels that the dogs should be judged by how they are bred and raised...he has a small border terrier that he takes to a trainer, and his trainer informed him that chaining also causes aggression and anti social behavior...I was very pleased with this response as I personally am against chaining...so yup...had a nice little talk with him..very nice guy.

Gloria Lindsay Luby also hates the legislation. She has been a dog owner for more than thirty years and has owned some large breed dogs that have been mistakened for pit bulls. She says she sympathizes with pit bull owners and thinks it has nothing to do with the breed.

Mehta, Sam - couldn't find his website or contact info...

So yeah, I just wanted to throw some insite of what these specific candidates for councilor thought about BSL. I was pretty happy with most of their answers.

Does anybody have any other MAYOR views they can list? I'm still not 100 percent sure who to vote for today and I will be heading down later on in the evening.

pitbulliest
November 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM
*so pissed off* Omigod what is wrong with TORONTO?

David Miller, mayor AGAIN?
This is the guy that wants to raise wages for the mayor (himself) and city councilors...

COME ON!!!! *throws something*
:mad:

mummummum
November 14th, 2006, 05:50 AM
:grouphug: pitbulliest ~ it could have been worse.

seeker
November 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM
1st off I don't live in TO but from what I seen during the campaign at the beginning Miller was on thin ice . But the other candidates did nothing very effective to show him for what he was worth .
Do you not think that if someone had really made street crime and the general degradation of the city an issue that they would not have gotten a lot closer to him or even beaten him ?Sorry but what happens along the waterfront is of minor concern to most Torontonians , crime is everywhere and has grown since Miller has been in office. I may be wrong , maybe I missed something and like I said I am not living in Toronto so I didn't keep track of everything they all said.
But I do think I know enough to say that if Jane Pitfield had played it right she could be the Mayor right now.

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2006, 06:34 PM
The problem is that Miller had no real challengers, Pitfields agenda would never fly in Toronto, were all too left for that, myself included, I cant stand Miller and I do have plans for him next election.... I am so ticked off that he seemed the only choice! As far as BSL is concerned, he may have supported it at one time, but some how Toronto, with a very similar coucil to what they have now, turned it down when it went to the board of health.
In my riding, or ward, for example, this election, we actually had two, possible three, GOOD choices, Ive never had that problem before!
Anyhow, if Adam Vaughan ends up being as good as I hope he will be, (even though I didnt vote for him) I think he would have a great shot at the mayors job!
I have to work on the Bullie thing with him though!

pitbulliest
November 16th, 2006, 12:30 AM
The problem is that Miller had no real challengers, Pitfields agenda would never fly in Toronto, were all too left for that, myself included, I cant stand Miller and I do have plans for him next election.... I am so ticked off that he seemed the only choice! As far as BSL is concerned, he may have supported it at one time, but some how Toronto, with a very similar coucil to what they have now, turned it down when it went to the board of health.
In my riding, or ward, for example, this election, we actually had two, possible three, GOOD choices, Ive never had that problem before!
Anyhow, if Adam Vaughan ends up being as good as I hope he will be, (even though I didnt vote for him) I think he would have a great shot at the mayors job!
I have to work on the Bullie thing with him though!

I hope you're right on the whole council thing...you have no idea how much I hate this man...

See him through my eyes:

http://www.pitbullproject.ca/images/miller.gif

:D

seeker
November 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I hope everyone knows that municiple elections are 4 years now . Dalton slid that one in so instead of only waiting for 3 to boot Miller now you have to wait and extra year .