Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

wow! I think we should disect this for the fiction it is

erykah1310
October 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I saw this site while surfing around out of boredom and I cant believe it.

I mean if people are reading this and buying into it... we are going to see alot more of our favorite " my dogs having puppies" or "my cat got herself pregnate again" posts.:frustrated:

I cant believe it. The negatives to spaying and neutering???

Im not going to post the link because i really dont want to advertise for it but here are some "great" quotes.

Neuter Nazi is what I call a person that is radical about neutering. Neuter Nazis are ruthless in their attempts to see that all animal companions are sexually mutilated, and this agenda is a priority that goes beyond rational good sense and charges blindly into the absurd. It doesn't matter if someone is spiritually or ethically against neuter... it doesn't matter if an animal suffers or even dies from the surgery... nothing matters to a Neuter Nazi except clip and snip! I firmly believe most of these people have ulterior motives for behaving like this.

There are a lot of dogs put to death each year in shelters due to over population caused by uncontrolled breeding. I don't believe as many of these come from "accidental" mating as the Neuter Nazis claim. I think a lot come from people who want to watch "the miracle of birth" or who breed them simply for profit. I think Neuter Nazis hold this idea that they know what is best for everyone! Many of them operate shelters and rescues that intimidate people with contracts and inspections until a lot of folk just give up on the adoption process and buy a pup. So a lot of these animals come from Neuter Nazis themselves!

I guess we are all neuter nazi's!:shrug:

Neuter Nazi's who do rescue insist that every dog they locate a home for must be neutered regardless of how someone might feel about the practice. They play God with an animal's life so they can wag their ego over someone else's head. It's really a shame that people have to strain compassion to the point of oppression so profound, that it discourages the adoption of animals in need. Many people despise having a sword waved over their head by fanatic zealots on an ego hike: I know I do!

Anyone who defies the will of Neuter Nazis are treated like evil and sometimes even accused of being animal abusers! Neuter Nazis won't stop there... they want to create fascist-style mandatory neuter laws! They want to punish responsible people by charging them more for licensing an intact animal! The person who doesn't want to neuter must pay extra for the sin of puppy mill operators!

:eek:

It just goes on and on from there too. I cant stop reading it!

If you are interested in the link pm me...:mad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 25th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I dont know the stats but isnt an animal more likely to die giving birth than getting neutured - I would imagine the only thing they could die from would be the anestesia, and that is very rare - I guess I am a neuter natzi too - cause any animal that I will ever have will surely be neutured or spayed. :)

Prin
October 25th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Definitely more likely to die giving birth than getting neutered. What a LOAD! :rolleyes:

ByronsMum
October 25th, 2006, 08:25 PM
OMG! I can't believe that is what some people think! :frustrated:

My first dog died on the table during her spaying (long story, different country--Panama, and bad vet) and my family was absolutely heartbroken about it, but it did not deter us from neutering/spaying our future pets because we recognize the importance of it--we got a different vet though! And it has NOTHING to do with "playing God"...it has everything to do with the overpopulation of stray dogs living in the street in Panama and how we could do our part in controlling that! The issues in North America are not the same as those in Latin America(e.g.: Panama does not have rescue associations or even pounds...you get dogs from "your great-aunt's brother's friend's neighbour who just had puppies") but the core of the problem is still the same: irregardless of geographic location--not spaying or neutering your pet is a sure-fire way to contribute to the overpopulation of abandoned, mistreated and euthanized animals.

So dang it...I AM A NEUTER NAZI!!:yell:

joeysmama
October 25th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Some people just aren't happy if they're not up on a soapbox. I've never seen anything so ridiculous.

They play God with an animal's life so they can wag their ego over someone else's head.

This is one of the more absurd things I've read. Neutering my dog had nothing to do with my ego (I'm trying to figure out the connection there :confused: ) and everything to do with his health and happiness !!

erykah1310
October 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Oh it got alot better too, saying that rescues were all for neutering and refusing dogs homes because they want the profit ( something along those lines) then it blamed rescues for the unwanted and homeless dogs

Frenchy
October 25th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Oh it got alot better too, saying that rescues were all for neutering and refusing dogs homes because they want the profit ( something along those lines) then it blamed rescues for the unwanted and homeless dogs

:eek: Boy I would like to neuter / spay this person myself ! The profit a rescue makes ? :confused: When did you ever see a rescue make profits ? And the rest is sick too !

meb999
October 25th, 2006, 09:42 PM
This guy has a small winky and needs to justify leaving his dog intact (if the dog has balls, then he must be a real manly man!). That's my opinion.

mummummum
October 26th, 2006, 12:06 AM
'Strain compassion to the point of oppression so profound" ?? Yikes Buddy, lay off the hyperbole juice so early in the morning! And "dogs put to death each year in shelters due to overpopulation caused by uncontrolled breeding" ? Would that be happening with a less rigorous spay/neuter program in shelters and rescues? Slam dunk on the no-logic thinking Pal.

And one more thing, I really despise people who appropriate the term Nazi to describe behaviours and ways of thinking that have nothing to do with the unlawful imprisonment, forced labour and wholesale slaughter of over 6 million Jews (not to mention gays and lesbians, people with disabilities and the many peoples of the occupied countries during that time). It's intellectually lazy, sensationalistic and deeply, deeply disrespectful.

Prin
October 26th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I don't believe as many of these come from "accidental" mating as the Neuter Nazis claim. I think a lot come from people who want to watch "the miracle of birth" or who breed them simply for profit.And? How do you propose we prevent either from happening?

And one more thing, I really despise people who appropriate the term Nazi to describe behaviours and ways of thinking that have nothing to do with the unlawful imprisonment, forced labour and wholesale slaughter of over 6 million Jews (not to mention gays and lesbians, people with disabilities and the many peoples of the occupied countries during that time). It's intellectually lazy, sensationalistic and deeply, deeply disrespectful.I wholeheartedly agree.

Shaykeija
October 26th, 2006, 02:29 AM
:evil: This guy has a small winky and needs to justify leaving his dog intact (if the dog has balls, then he must be a real manly man!). That's my opinion.:p made me laugh

jawert1
October 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM
'Strain compassion to the point of oppression so profound" ?? Yikes Buddy, lay off the hyperbole juice so early in the morning! And "dogs put to death each year in shelters due to overpopulation caused by uncontrolled breeding" ? Would that be happening with a less rigorous spay/neuter program in shelters and rescues? Slam dunk on the no-logic thinking Pal.

Oh mummummum you made my morning with that tasty morsel of righteous grammatical indignance, LOVE IT. Clearly this dude is off his rocker and as MEB pointed out, is likely compensating for his lack of manliness.

nansel
October 26th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Anyone else read the part about "relieving" your dog when there are females in heat around? Yikes. Can't imagine... brain cringing....

erykah1310
October 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I did not see that part! ( gasp)

LM1313
October 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Whoever wrote that must have been working on believing six impossible things before breakfast. :rolleyes:

ByronsMum
October 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone else read the part about "relieving" your dog when there are females in heat around? Yikes. Can't imagine... brain cringing....

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!! That is wrong on SO many levels!!!! (shudder) YUCK!!!!:yuck:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM
OMG I'm such an :evil: person,just got my cat neutered today :rolleyes: and I'm so glad it's done :thumbs up :cat:

mummummum
October 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!! That is wrong on SO many levels!!!! (shudder) YUCK!!!!:yuck:

Hee-hee... never worked with stallions and bulls ~ AKA studs for hire ~ have ya ?? :evil: Happily there are now machines that do the job...:eek: