Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hard to find a good nail groomer? (london)

amyk
October 25th, 2006, 05:29 PM
our usual nail groomer retired this year. and i cant find anyone else who actually does a good job (gets the nails short, but doesnt hit the quicks).

today i brought my dogs to get their nails done. my one dog's nails look half-decent, not as short as they could be, but ok. but my other dog's nails almost looks like they weren't cut at all. im not going to have him walking around with long nails, so im going to attempt to do them myself, or find somewhere else to take him this weekend.

i was a bit peeved this morning because it's a hassle taking him to the groomers and taking him means ending up with a drooly backseat (he's a large dog), that i have to clean up afterward. plus the cost of getting his nails done.

any recommendations for a good groomer in london (preferably south)? i dont understand why this is like finding a needle in a haystack. i've been to like 5-6different groomers and only found one who does a good job (the one who retired).

~Amy

Prin
October 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
You can't contact him and ask him to show you how to do it?
(since you've been such a loyal customer...)

amyk
November 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM
im still looking for a nail groomer if anyone has some suggestions. im not able to cut them myself.

~Amy

boskat
November 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
If you find nails hard to do yourself perhaps you might think about grinding them. I know a lot of people are using these as they seem less stressful for dog and owner. One in particulae is the Dremel Minimite which is cordless and fairly quiet. These used on a regular basis can keep the nails short and there are links on the net which I could pass on to you if you are interested that show you how to use properly.

Lukka'sma
November 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I take Lukka to the Bow Wow Boutique. This is the only place in London that has ever done her nails other than the vet office. On the down side if it was any further north it would be outside of the city limits.