Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Please....

PARADISEinKS
February 22nd, 2004, 08:07 PM
I am the owner of an eight year old tabby. She has been with me for 8 whole years, and we have loved each other since day 1. She frequents going outside the house anywhere from 1-2 times a day and comes back in the evening or daytime...Anyway this winter has been extermly harsh and she did not venture outside at all. The weather here in Kansas finally hit the 50's and she was itching to go out and enjoy the weather. This was Thurs. morning. She has not return. None of the neighbors who normally see her have seen her and she has never spent this long away from home. Any idea what has happened to her? Is this some kind of vacation that she is treating herself to? KS does not have a leash law for felines and therefore do not pick cats up. I have checked with Animal Control and the local pound- both have no cats.

Any help/response is welcomed,
Thanks for your time,
Michael Paradise
(913)302-####

amaruq
February 22nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Have you put up posters?

Hope you find kitty soon.

Carina
February 23rd, 2004, 01:09 AM
Unfortunately that's the inherent danger in letting cats outside...everything from being hit by a car, killed by a coyote, getting into antifreeze or some kind of poison...impossible to tell. :(

Definitely put posters up around the neighborhood...talk to neighbors, keep checking the shelter, put an ad in the paper, call all local vets (or drop fliers off to them)...that's really all you can do. If she got hurt & someone picked her up or took her to a vet for care, you may find her that way.

Keeping my fingers crossed you find your kitty.