Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello all!any advice?

love4deeds
October 25th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone.... i'm actually looking for some advice.
I have a bichon-poo named Deeds. He's 9 months old. I take him every where i go, including work ( i work at a dog resort) My problem is he is way too needy, and i know this is my fault. I was wondering if its too late to correct. Once in a while if i leave him at home he stays in his crate. A couple of days ago i went to the store and left him in the house alone.(out of his crate) I was gone for only 15 minutes but in that time he managed to tear a 3 inch hole in the wall beside the front door. I know he cries when he's home alone, and is devestated when i dont take him with me.. what can i do to fix this?

BMDLuver
October 25th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Not to sound harsh but stop molly coddling him like he's an infant... teach him that you too have to do things that he cannot be included in... slowly start leaving him for 30 minutes at a time crated.. then on return do something really fun that he likes. Keep at it and he'll get the picture.

rainbow
October 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I agree, but seeing how he put a hole in the wall in 15 min. :eek: I would start by just leaving him for 5 min. and slowly increasing. Do this many times a day on your days off. When you come back in don't make a big fuss over him but, like mentioned by BMDLuver, do something he likes.

erykah1310
October 25th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Also dont make a big deal when you leave, just put him in his crate, leave and return. Let him out, and carry on doing things around the house.

He is developing some severe seperation anxiety. Cause by.... sorry to say.. you.
Its not too late to correct but its gonna be hard on you too, since you so much enjoy doing everything possible with him.
Its a slow process. but needs to be done, or its just gonna get worse.
Good luck