Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Meows or Growls After It Took Three Times for Poop

pawsnwhiskers
October 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Has anyone has this problem with their cat? He has been fine, with the exception of today's poop problem. He did poop, but seems to be having difficulty during and after. His name is Buddy. He is eating and drinking but tonight he acted odd when trying to poop and afterwards. He was kind of annoyed and even hissed at the other cat when she was checking up to see if he was ok. Then he began licking his butt alot and it worried me. Usually he has no problems doing number 2. He's ok and I'm keeping an eye on him. He is resting now. I'll call my vet though. I just wondered if cats can get constipated and/or why they sometimes drag their butts on the floor after they poop. Thank you for helping if anyone writes back! :)

pawsnwhiskers

jiorji
October 24th, 2006, 10:55 PM
yes they can get constipated.
and teh rub their bums because it either hurts or itches or there's some discomfort.

There might be something wrong. The vet should take a look for sure

mafiaprincess
October 24th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I don't own cats..

Can they have anal gland issues?

rainbow
October 25th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Yes, cats can get constipated.You can try giving him canned pure pumpkin (notpumpkin pie filling) until you can get to the vet.

What are you feeding him? Cats quite often get constipated because they are not getting enough water in their diet. If you give him canned food it will help to increase his water intake.

Good luck at the vet and post with an update. :cat:

Sariss
October 26th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Is he peeing alright? If he is having troubles urinating as well, take him to the vet ASAP.