Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what kind of flower is this??

crazyk1020
October 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Hi all, sorry I have been gone for so long. We have finally gotten everything settled down from the wedding, honeymoon, receptions, and all that jazz :p . I can't believe it has been a month and a half since I have been on here. My mom has a flower that she can't remember the name of any one have any ideas?? She would really like to know. Thanks guys, I will include a few pictures.

jiorji
October 29th, 2006, 11:59 PM
:confused:
i have no idea. I've never seen this plant before

glasslass
October 30th, 2006, 12:03 AM
First name that came to mind was "weed"!

crazyk1020
October 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM
yeah that's what I said, but she did buy it, it gets yellow flowers as you can see. I just don't remember what the name was and neither does she. It is a periannual

Stewart
November 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
The closest I can come up with is "pelargonium". Dont know if you guys have them over there:confused:

Trisec
March 8th, 2007, 09:26 AM
:ca: Looks like an Abutilon, or flowering maple to me, but here they are annuals.

chico2
March 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Yes,some sort of Maple was my first guess,but then I saw the flowers:confused:

clm
May 1st, 2007, 08:34 AM
They sell them in with the tropicals here. Don't know the botanical name, but they call them a flowering maple (ingenious). I'll see if I can find the botanical name for you.

Cindy

chico2
May 1st, 2007, 08:39 AM
he,he this post is from october 2006,but maybe the OP still needs an answer:confused:
If they left this plant growing,it's probably huge by now:)

clm
May 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Too funny, I should have paid more attention to the date. Just found this garden section....I'm an avid gardener.

Cindy

chico2
May 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
me tooo:) and spring is the most wonderful time,I go out every morning checking on my perennials coming up saying HI:)

crazyk1020
May 4th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, guess I have been away longer than I thought with school! I will have to let my mom know the names and see if they sound right. My flowers are just poking through the ground I am so excited!!