Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

heh heh, opinions on email received from Innova (finally)?

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Here it is, FINALLY! Copied and pasted, with NO alterations:

Dear Prin,

Thank you for contacting Natura Pet Products. The EVO line of food is going to be a completely differently formulated food. The large breed formula will be specially designated for the large breed's proper growth and maintenance, balanced with the correct vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids.

The balance of calcium and phosphorus in the EVO red meat formula will harm your dogs. We are not planning on lowering those amounts.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please get back in touch.

Best regards,
Freudian slip, maybe?

Lucky Lissa reassured us all yesterday that Evo is ok.. Otherwise, right now I'd be panicking instead of laughing.

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Heh heh I replied in consequence to reading the email literally. :evil:

So it WILL harm my dogs?! Ok, I'd better switch them off it asap.

Thank you for your honesty.

Prin

dtbmnec
October 24th, 2006, 05:47 PM
*giggles for ten minutes*

That's awesome....Hehehe

Megan

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I just got a reply:

Dear Prin,

Thank you for your reply. No, I meant to say it will NOT harm your dog. There is in no way ever that we would make a formula that will harm any pet. I am sorry for my typo.

Best regards,
And I sent her another one telling her I was just messing with her and I hope she didn't have too bad a heart attack.:D

wdawson
October 24th, 2006, 06:07 PM
What What What........gee now i know it will harm my dog ........well i'm on board :rolleyes:

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
tee hee hee, poor girl.:DHi Prin,

Thanks for the understanding! I felt horrible that I had typed that as I re-read what I wrote to you. :-/ And yes, just a minor heart attack. LOL

I'm glad you have done more research though to calm any negative feelings you may have had towards the calcium to phosphorous ratio. ;-)

Again, only a minor heart attack……nothing huge! LOL Thanks for being such a trooper!

I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,

mafiaprincess
October 24th, 2006, 06:28 PM
*dies* omg that's one big oopsie..

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I hope nobody misquotes this thread. :o

Hunter's_owner
October 24th, 2006, 07:19 PM
That is hilarious.:D
What a mistake to make:eek:

Lissa
October 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
TOO FUNNY - I was still panicking that she actually meant it though!:crazy:

technodoll
October 24th, 2006, 07:27 PM
awe man! ROTFLMAO!!!

prin you are :evil: , heheheheh! well i would have done the same... gotta have some fun in life, eh? geehahhaha!

:D

meb999
October 24th, 2006, 07:51 PM
HAHAHA!!! TOO funny! :D

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
tee hee hee...

Too bad I didn't get any coupons out of her.:D

rainbow
October 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
LOL...I love your evil ways. :evil:

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
hey, at least I know I'm not blacklisted.:D

rainbow
October 24th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I still haven't sent my email yet. :o

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 11:26 PM
That's ok. I don't think you'll get much.:shrug:

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Here's my reply:

Thank you for contacting Natura Pet Products. The reason for the difference is the make up of the food. The EVO formula mimics the raw diet. The goal during the development of EVO was to create a product that mimics the ingredients, the nutritional profile and the feeding benefits of typical raw food diets.

The EVO is a high protein diet, as to why you will notice differences between this food and our regular Innova formulas.

Calcium in our products comes from chicken meal, lamb meal, herring, or calcium carbonate. The Association of American Feed Control Officials’ Nutrient Profiles for Dog Foods recommends a phosphorous level between .5 - 1.6%. Natura's dog foods range between 1-1.5% phosphorous.

An excessive phosphorous level will increase the glomerular filtration rate. It makes the kidneys work harder. It can also promote calcium/phosphorous deposits in the kidneys, which also makes the kidneys work harder.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please get back in touch.

Best regards,

Tammy Illges

Natura Pet Products

Customer Service

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hmm... Ok answer.. But how come she didn't say the standard levels of calcium?

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Dunno...but I would think that the calcium levels are in the correct ratio. Isn't it only the phosphorus level that is hard on the kidneys?

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Well, I know in humans, calcium kidney stones can form from calcium supplements.. And this part of your email:
It can also promote calcium/phosphorous deposits in the kidneys, which also makes the kidneys work harder.Makes me worry too..:shrug:

rainbow
November 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Your right....I'll email her again. ;)

Prin
November 4th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks... I'm sure it's ok.. But I just always want more proof.:o