Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Flea bites?

mafiaprincess
October 24th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Cider's on revolution.. has been on it since June non stop.. last dose november 1st.. She has like 4 little bumps that look like mosquito bites to me on the skin fold between her back leg and belly..

She's had odd spots there off and on.. she's not over weight, It's almost like a sore from rubbing on herself, but I don't think it's anatomically possible.. I put bag balm on them and they cleared up.. I was rubbing her today and now there's these 4 mosquitoy bite looking bumps..

What's the likelyhood that's what I'm describing?

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Black fly bites? Boo had scabs at the base of his ears and I thought they were flea bites or something (never had fleas, so I don't know what to expect), but then the next time we were outside, I saw the black flies (STILL! in October!) attacking him.:shrug:

jessi76
October 24th, 2006, 04:02 PM
did you check her for other evidence of fleas? flea dirt, actual fleas crawling around,...

If she's clean, I'd say it's likely another bug from outside - we too still have a few black flies and mosquitos in october.

mafiaprincess
October 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM
No flea dirt, no fleas..
Greaterdane mentioned it could have happened if the dog she rolled in class had fleas though.. her tummy was on that dog as they fought.. Fleas could have bitten her then they would have died due to the revolution..

It's an obscure place for something like a mosquito bite though...

jessi76
October 24th, 2006, 04:43 PM
It's an obscure place for something like a mosquito bite though...

bugs bite wherever they can. Tucker once had a deer tic (those little tiny ones that carry lyme disease) on his umm, ahem... how do I say this... his "manhood". you can imagine my (and his!) horror.

glad to hear there's no fleas though! that's good

mafiaprincess
October 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Oh my...
Well in that case I guess it's not that obscure since there is very little fur there.. easy to nip at...
I would freak if I found a tick there...