Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

apartment dwellers?

~michelle~
October 23rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
how many of us are apartment dwelling dog owners???

mafiaprincess
October 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
We lived in one till Cider was 6 months old and then moved home.. so moving on up but not, lol..

technodoll
October 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
we we are living in an appartment but it's not a-ok... i can't wait to move to my own house where the floors don't creak and we don't have neighbors who we disturb all the time when the dogs tumble and play :o

Prin
October 23rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
I was in an apartment, but we had to move because we were getting sick from the mold and dust and being that Montreal isn't too dog friendly, especially to big dogs, we had no choice but to get a house.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 24th, 2006, 12:38 AM
hehehe They don't make apartments around here big enough for six dogs... :p

rainbow
October 24th, 2006, 01:13 AM
When we lived in Vancouver the first place was a big old house. We lived in the attic suite with a dog, the people in the main floor suite had two dogs and the people in the basement suite had a dog and everyone got along great.

We moved (because of too many mice moved in :eek: ) into a converted garage for a few months until we found a house to rent. That only lasted a few months until the landlord found out we had a dog.

We left Vancouver and moved to Vancouver Island where we rented a house for a couple of years. Moved to Cranbrook and rented a cabin for a couple of months until we found a house. Stayed there until we could afford the down payment on our first house. We've moved three times since and always into a house we bought.

It can work with a dog in an apartment but it's much better in a house with a fenced yard IMO.

~michelle~
October 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM
yeah i have the boys in an apartment, and it will be many years till i have a house :( but I found great little places right near here to let them off leash thats fenced in right down the street from me :) and i only ever got one complaint from the neighbours after we first got the boys, b/c they were barking but they dont do that anymore.... My building is pretty dog friendly. the lease says no dogs but the landlord even has a lil pup :) there are a couple of people who dont like it, but thats b/c they are afraid of dogs... all the little old ladies love braxton though, he's a charmer......i wish i had a house with a great big back yard though

doggy lover
October 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I rented an apartment when I had my last dog, we lived on the ground floor and had a little yard that we fenced in so it was great. Now we rent a house the only thing I don't like is that we can't fence in a little yard for Tucker. But lots of walks and we do have a large grassed area beside us that we take him out on leash and play with him there. Also my doggies have always had our cottage to roam, there we have almost 17 acres, and our neighbour behind us has a 150, that they are allowed to roam on too. So they have had the upbringing of the city with the fun of the country, in a way its good alot of country dogs are not taught to walk on leash properly, would never know how to handle crouds and Tucker can even ride on buses well behaved.

jawert1
October 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I'm in an apartment with my 2 doggies, and generally it's a-ok (minus the really crappy neighbors)

Byrd
October 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
We live in a basement apartment so at least we have a yard. I don't know if I could do it in an apartment building, especially with Ms. Gossip.

Rottielover
October 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I live in an apt, and I am perfectly fine with it, so are my nighbors. This apt is great. I am on ground floor

bmerc
October 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I live in a condo approx. 1200 sq. feet and my pug is quite content. We used to live in a one bedroom 700 sq. ft condo, on the tenth floor. This is much better. I often take my dog to my parents farm so he can run free.

mesaana
October 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I live in an apartment. Dogs are allowed: lease says max 1 dog, 2 cats. But then again, the lady who feeds my cat when I'm away has 1 dog and 12 cats! No one bothers her if the cats don't bother anyone. In my building of 8 dwellings, there are at least 3 dogs. Never heard a complaint, but Vega is not a barker :)

I don't have a private yard but I look at it this way: it forces me to get out and walk! And I take her to the offleash parks. It's a bit more work, but I don't mind!