Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some new flower and plant pictures...

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Here's a bird of paradise and my desert rose

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Here's a heliconia and a night blooming jasmine...

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
Here's an oleander and a plumeria...

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Not everything is blooming right now. :o

One of my Rose bushes and some tropical foliage...

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Our new fruit trees. First is an orange, the second is a banana.

jesse's mommy
October 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
The last is a lemon tree

~michelle~
October 23rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
wow those are incredible :) I wish I had a backyard to garden in, But i guess I'll just need some plants for my apartment :)

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 12:12 AM
oo you can see the lake in the background in one of the pics..:cloud9:

rainbow
October 24th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I wish I had a green thumb. :yell:

mummummum
October 24th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous jesse's mommy ! I'm positively jealous...no fair you get heliconia AND a lake in your backyard !!! Wanna trade places for awhile? Say now through until April ?!?!? :D

jesse's mommy
October 24th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Thank you, thank you. The fact that I can garden year around is one thing I LOVE about Florida. We are out there all the time. We also have a ginger plant which is gorgeous, but we just cut it down. It should be grown up and blooming again in the next month or two -- if the weather stays nice. We have a guava tree too, but it too is still a baby and basically just looks like a twig right now. There's a few other odds and ends that we have too. I'm trying to grow a vine (can't remember what it is) across the back of the house. It's starting to climb the wall a little, but won't make any real progess until next year. The roses on the other side of the house have actually started climbing the back wall. I'm pretty excited about that, because I didn't realize I bought the climbing roses.

When we fist moved in here the landscaping was a mess. Lantana was everywhere. If lanatana is maintained it's pretty, but with the condition it was here, we just killed it all and yanked the roots out. It's VERY invasive and EXTREMELY poisonous. I had rashes all over my arms just from pulling it out. It was EVERYWHERE! It was actually taking over the lemon tree and starting to kill it. We still have a lot we want to do, but we are getting there. A little bit at a time :D

Next time the oleander and the roses bloom, I'll take some pictures of them. I think we are going to have to wait until next year for the plumeria and the oranges -- they are still "babies" and aren't ready to bloom yet. We also have two pineapple plants and were getting ready to pick the pineapples off them, but squirrels got to them and ate both pineapples. :eek: They didn't leave anything! :frustrated:

Prin
October 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
yes, do post the roses... I loooove roses.:)

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM
yes, do post the roses... I loooove roses.:)

Here you go!

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
yey! So pretty! :cloud9:

rainbow
November 6th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Very pretty roses :thumbs up ..... but what is Lantana?

chico2
November 6th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Awwww,lucky you,I could garden 24/7....but we have to wait until spring,makes me appreciate it so much more.
Keep the pretty pics coming over the winter,to remind us what's to come in a few months:D

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Very pretty roses :thumbs up ..... but what is Lantana?

This is Lantana. It's VERY poisonous.

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Awwww,lucky you,I could garden 24/7....but we have to wait until spring,makes me appreciate it so much more.
Keep the pretty pics coming over the winter,to remind us what's to come in a few months:D

I'll be sure to do that! :thumbs up

wdawson
November 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
nice variety of plants in your yard....wish i lived in florida........oh well winter and the cold only lasts 7 MONTHS :D will be over before we know it :sad: .

does jesse swim in that pond or will jesse be gator food :eek:

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Fortunately there are no gators in that pond. ;) She doesn't go into any ponds unless we tell her it's alright. She's such a good girl. She waits for our approval. Even when she is "helping" Daddy fish, she just sits with him and watches everything.

wdawson
November 6th, 2006, 07:46 PM
thats good news........cause when we come for the winter in need a place to swim with the furries...:D