Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How to Carry Your "Little Dog"

rainbow
October 21st, 2006, 02:05 AM
For all of you "Paris Hilton" wannabees :rolleyes: .....

http://www.lighterside.com/website/store/product_detail.asp?UID=2006102102592141&item%5Fno=63663+06&keyword=63663&cat%5Fkeyword=&search%5Fpage%5Fno=1

And....they are temporarily out of stock. :D

mummummum
October 21st, 2006, 02:42 AM
Sputter..gack..erg..glig...brrrug...who...who ...who in their right mind could possibly think this is a GOOD thing ?????

joeysmama
October 21st, 2006, 10:26 AM
I'd rather see the people who want to use dogs as accessories have these little stuffies than the real thing. At least when they get tired of these "doggies" no one gets hurt.

jiorji
October 21st, 2006, 10:48 AM
oh rainbow....Paris has a chi not a Pug:rolleyes:

mummummum
October 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
I'd rather see the people who want to use dogs as accessories have these little stuffies than the real thing. At least when they get tired of these "doggies" no one gets hurt.

Joeysmama ~ you may be onto something here *runs to patents office* !! Just think about it, for the tabloid-freaks we could have little Paris stuffy purses or if you are politically inclined, George Bush and Stephen Harper...
$$$$$ signs are floating in front of my eyes.

rainbow
October 21st, 2006, 02:16 PM
oh rainbow....Paris has a chi not a Pug:rolleyes:

LOL...yeah, even I know that but if you click on the website you'll see you can get a pug, a yorkie, a jack russell, a boston terrier, and a chihuahua. ;)

LM1313
October 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
LOL . . . better than using a real dog as an accessory, at least! But still. :rolleyes:

jiorji
October 21st, 2006, 10:16 PM
speaking of....Paris has started dragging her poor chi around again. And even more ridiculous is to see Tori Spelling dragging her pug around like it's a chi. Pugs are cute, don't get me wrong, they're just not an accessory.

Prin
October 22nd, 2006, 12:43 AM
I like Jessica Alba better. She drags her pitty in front of the paparazzi all the time. So wherever there's a pic of her, there's a pic of a pitty.:)

mummummum
October 22nd, 2006, 02:25 AM
speaking of....Paris has started dragging her poor chi around again. And even more ridiculous is to see Tori Spelling dragging her pug around like it's a chi. Pugs are cute, don't get me wrong, they're just not an accessory.

Paris has a Chi, Tori has a Pug and Madonna has a Babyboy.... says alot about "celebrities" doesn't it ?

mafiaprincess
October 23rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Least it is a stufty.. since many website sells a harness that has purse straps so you could 'wear' your real dog. :yuck:

rainbow
October 23rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
That's probably going to be the next thing we'll see....someone using one of these purses to pack around their little dog. :rolleyes:

jessi76
October 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
I have so much crap in my purse I'd need a great dane or english mastiff one.

mafiaprincess
October 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
This is what I thought the original link was going to show... a dog as a purse..
http://www.purseuing.com/bags/pet-bags/glamour-dog-puppy-purse-000211.php

Cider would FLIP if she had her legs all dangling like that when you picked your ummm dog/purse up..

Melei'sMom
October 23rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
When I saw the title, I thought this was a thread talking about the best way to carry your small dog. lol
I clicked in to see if others carry their dogs like I do:shrug:

The whole 'turning your dog into a purse' thing is IMO stupid!

I have to admit that I have been seen carring Melei on my arm at times, but (big BUT there) the reason I carry her is not for fashion. her little legs get tired and I have to carry her after that:o

the 'football hold' is easy for a bit, but her favorite position is up on my shoulder like a baby, she loves it so much that she just goes limp and cuddles into my neck:queen:

The dog purses on the first link look like something I would get for my 6 year old neice! even my 11 yr old dd is too old for that look!:rolleyes:

rainbow
October 23rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking we're going to see someone packing a chi in a chi purse or a pug in a pug purse. :eek:

joeysmama
October 23rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
I have to confess that when I first saw this I thought it was one of those harnesses that lets people carry their dogs like a purse. (I don't even want to think about where they're keeping their lipgloss:yuck: ) I even thought to myself that the terrier looked really push--like a stuffed animal !!

Where's Rainbow with the blond jokes?:) Here's a strike against brunettes.:o

But I do have a doggie carrier question. We take Cooper anyplace we think he'll be even remotely welcome--or that he'll enjoy. Sometimes if it gets crowded we will pick him up for a bit. I'm thinking of this one town we go to--especially at
Christmas time where they hold theme days etc. It can get a little crowded on the sidewalk and he's a small dog.
Also the shopkeepers don't ever seem to mind having him in the stores as long as we're holding him. We've even taken him in to wine, coffee, and ice cream places, where they serve food and sometimes get crabby about doggies. No one seems to mind when we take him in with us.

And Mister "I'm-happy-every-moment-of-my-life-if-I-can-be-with-the-humans" doesn't care if he's up, down or in between. It's all fabulous to him !

Do you think a doggie carrier of some sort--I'm thinking like an infant snugglie-- would be ok--would it be comfortable for him? Or is that too silly?

I saw some ridiculous things, and I don't want to contribute to the doggie as accessory notions. But maybe something just to make holding him for a time a little less cumbersome?

jessi76
October 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Do you think a doggie carrier of some sort--I'm thinking like an infant snugglie-- would be ok--would it be comfortable for him? Or is that too silly?

I saw some ridiculous things, and I don't want to contribute to the doggie as accessory notions. But maybe something just to make holding him for a time a little less cumbersome?

my friend has one, a snuggly for her tiny maltese. she doesn't use it often, only in extreme circumstances, like you described.. a VERY crowded situation. it works well for her, the dog is happy, safe, and it's comfortable for both she & the dog. I don't think it's silly, when used practically, not as an accessory.

mafiaprincess
October 23rd, 2006, 01:56 PM
I wanted an outward hound side sling for Cider..
till her bum got too large. lol

rainbow
October 23rd, 2006, 02:28 PM
my friend has one, a snuggly for her tiny maltese. she doesn't use it often, only in extreme circumstances, like you described.. a VERY crowded situation. it works well for her, the dog is happy, safe, and it's comfortable for both she & the dog. I don't think it's silly, when used practically, not as an accessory.

I agree. Kyjen makes a few different styles that I think would work very well.

http://www.kyjen.com/

joeysmama I hope I didn't offend you with the blonde jokes I'v posted. :eek: :o

joeysmama
October 23rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
joeysmama I hope I didn't offend you with the blonde jokes I'v posted.
Today 02:56 PM

NOT AT ALL !!! I was joking ! But computer doesn't convey that tone of voice thing very well does it? No, I love when you post jokes and I'm not offended by that sort of thing at all !!--especially since I'm a brunette :crazy:

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try to get something for him because I do like to have him with me--and I guess the shop owners figure that if you're holding them they aren't going to make a puddle anywhere? and a carrier would give me better use of my hands for shopping. No impediments to spending money. Hubby will be thrilled.:rolleyes: