Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog with no tongue

Lil'RickyMom
October 20th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Hey all

I just ended up with a dog who has no tongue (seems to be born this way).

Has anyone ever encountered with this problem? I am thinking he can probably eat canned food, but how can he drink? I've tried googling it for some help or info... nothing. No dogs with no tongue out there other than a Greyhound in the US somewhere, but nothing on how it ate or drank. I've e-mailed the people from the story (a rescue) but have not heard back.

E-mail me at sophie@rimasec..net if you have helpful info or suggestions as I don't have much time to go on the web these days. CHeck out my site, it's fuller than ever. I need new foster homes too...... hint, hint, hint!

www.sophie.petfinder.com
www.sophiesdogadoption.com

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Hey, Jiorji might want to foster... :o ;)

rainbow
October 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I've never heard of a dog being born without a tongue. :eek: Poor baby. :grouphug: If anyone here has info I'd love to hear it as well.

Jiorji is a good candidate and, Frenchy too. :fingerscr

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 10:54 PM
How old is it? I mean, if it's an older puppy, then somehow it's drinking..

Lil'RickyMom
October 20th, 2006, 11:31 PM
He looks to be about 2. Even though he is very underweight, it is obvious he has been eating and drinking somewhat, but how?

I couldn't speak to the vet today, but the technicians had no clue what to tell me. I could not call back before they closed, so I hope by tomorrow when I pick him up they will tell me he has eaten and drank.....

Will keep you posted, and I am looking for a foster home. If someone is intersted, please e-mail me at sophie@rimasec.net

jiorji
October 20th, 2006, 11:43 PM
this poor baby :( I hope he's doing ok. There must be a way for him to eat and drink if he's still alive at 2. :love:

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Hey, jiorji, this one needs a fosterhome urgently.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7202953

:highfive:

He must have a way of drinking because he never had a tongue. You know? He doesn't know what it's like to have a tongue to drink with.:shrug:

canine14
October 21st, 2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Sophie,

For info, go to the www.handicappedpets.com site (the Discussion Area is where you click on the left side to lead you to the forums). The folks there know everything about all kinds of handicaps a critter can have.

Also, I have heard of cats with no tongue so don't forget to Google that too. They are similar.

Frenchy
October 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Jiorji is a good candidate and, Frenchy too. :fingerscr
I'M already taken, am suppose to get a 9 yr old female. But what kind of dog is it ? small,large?