Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dead rabbit! (graphic description)

Paula69
October 20th, 2006, 05:45 PM
So, one more sad reason to toughen animal cruelty laws, if you haven 't heard..a 12 yr old girl came home from school in Medicine Hat to find her pet rabbit mutilated! He was cut wide open and stomache removed! Poor rabbit and poor girl, she's pretty traumatized! So sad, I'm so, so sorry for her! When your a kid at that age, it's hard to get over and she'll never forget! How can people be so cruel! Give me a sharp knife and let me find the person, please..! When I was 12 I was walking my dog down the street, a highschool kid purposely drove onto the sidewalk and tried to run us over, I got out of the way on time, barely, but I couldn't get my dog pulled over on time and she was killed right in front of me, on leash, I never got over it and still blame myself for not saving her....I hope she doesn't feel the same way her whole life! I remembered the plate, told cops, they found him, and he got a warning, it's so unfair, people don't realize how much our pets mean to us and they should be heavily penalized so they start getting it! Everyone sign the Didsbury dog petition or one similiar, PLEASE!:rip: :ca:

CyberKitten
October 21st, 2006, 01:55 AM
OMG, no I had not heard that story - been so busy of late, I rarely get to see the news and even tho I cutomise news to get as much news re animals, esp bunnies since I shared my home with a bun for 13 yrs - this story did not make any segments I watched, listened to or read. Poor girl!! I hope her parents get her some counselling or at least some trauma therapy!! How horrible, esp for the beloved bunny!! (what on earth was the bunny doing outside, did someone come in and just take him? Did he somehow get out of his leash? Does he have a backyard that he managed to get out of or someone sneaked in while she was watching him? Gawd, what is happening to this country?????) Is there a link to the story?

That is so sad and so awful!!

About your dog, I am so very sorry!! You should not feel guilty - you were a child who did the best you could to save your dog. It if of no value to dwell on it tho I know it is tough not to. There is little you can do now to change it except to recall the good times the 2 of you shared!!! Guilt is one of the worst feelins we have because it can be so devistating. This accident was not in any way your fault - even had you been an adult!! Have you ever dscussed it with a trauma therapist? You cannot alter the events but you can change how it impacts your life today.

Take care!! :grouphug:

OntarioGreys
October 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM
That is terrible, I really do feel for the child, Even if he is caught the animal cruelity charges are still just a slap on the wrist :sad:

rainbow
October 23rd, 2006, 02:49 AM
There sure are a lot of sickos in this world. :mad: That poor little girl having to find her bunny like that. :sad: And, it's also sad that our laws wouldn't do anything to this basturd even if they did find him. :frustrated:

Paula, sorry to hear of your awful experience as well. :grouphug:

Paula69
October 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hi, I can't find the story now, but it was in last weeks Medicine Hat News front page. I think the rabbit was in a cage in backyard? From what I remember... sorry, all I remember is how it died, mutilated anyway. The girls father is joining fight now for stiffer penalties as the family is still quite upset, undersantably. Ya, I hope they help her heal. Me, I never had therapy for that one, just remember it alot, and I get angry, which is good, then I do something to help an animal. That always helps. Another story I reflect on sometimes is when an Xtried killing me, and my dog stepped in, took alot of cuts for me. I couldn't crawl to the phone for help for a day and a half, she almost died, but we got through it together. 6 months later I got out of hospital and woman's shelter, I had to move in a hurry as X was getting out of jail, everyone convinced me the best thing for her was to give her to a stable, secure, nice farm home, a week later she was run over by a tractor and killed. I owed her my life, don't know why I did that. That one I never forgave myself for and did get therapy, never helped. I'm getting angrier that these people aren't punished more harshly when they intentionally hurt animals, and am planning something to hopefully help alot of animals, I owe them. I also learnt that you really have to research and be knowledgable about your animal, so am taking the time to come up with a solution that could work for everyone to help ensure safety and well-being of animals, and we deffinetly need to be able to punish w/ severe penalties and jail so people realize how important they are to us and think twice before killing a little girls rabbit, (or dog) probably just a prank, or a sick show of manhood, what a waste, and what pain for the girl and the rabbit. Again, I'm sorry.:frustrated:

Mahealani770
October 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Just the other day on the news, was 2 teenage brothers who went to a recreation center in the city, and charged money for other kids to see them baking a little puppy in the oven. Can you imagine the horror and pain that poor baby went through before it finally died? I was so disgusted that I was in tears. Those kids need serious intervention NOW before they turn into serial killers. They are being detained but I haven't heard the outcome besides that. People make me sick! :mad:

Donna S
October 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
People should get REAL jail time for purposely mutalating animals. Its statistical Fact that kids that mutalate animals grow up with violent tendencies. Most serial killers started with killing animals when they were kids. They should be LOCKED up, Rehabed, then watched every second after that for the rest of their lives. I feel strongly about this issue.:mad: I feel really bad for the little girl and that poor bunnie.. My heart goes out to her.

CyberKitten
October 26th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I am so sorry you have had so much trauma in your life Paula!! :grouphug:

The state of Maine has just passed new legislation that covers family pets under its domestic violence laws. Yay!! Other jurisdictions would do well to follow their lead!!!! (A spouse who threatens a pet or injures one or worse can be arressted and charged).

Mahealani770
October 26th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Wow Paula, I'm so sorry for everything you've been through. How painful! :grouphug:

Donna, I agree with you. It is a fact that killing animals and killing people is linked and children that kill animals need to be CLOSELY watched. I just don't know how a human being can hurt an innocent animal? I have nightmares thinking about that poor, innocent puppy, screaming to get out of that oven. God, it kills me. And to hear of that poor rabbit..people are just sick and I don't know how they sleep at night! :mad:

Paula69
October 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Hi, well I was happy to read a state has done that,it needs to be done, everywhere. I myself and friends have stayed in abusive relationships because the X threatened to hurt animal if we left, mine said he would find me, kill the dog, make we watch and then kill me. I stayed about 2 yrs extra in that mess because of his threats, and then he tried it anyway. Stupid me. And unfortunately, I have heard from others about microwaving animals, ya pretty good party trick I guess (NOT EVER, U sick freaks), and well known, so I wonder how many times that's happened? I was at a party once where they tried, but I FREAKED out, beat up 2 guys, almost went to jail myself for assault, had to do alot of talking to get out of that one. Their point was I should have called the cops and let them deal w/it, my point was it would of been to late by then, he was allready in Microwave. And nothing happened to them. And others have told me about this happening at parties, etc. WHAT ARE THESE SICK FREAKS THINKING! Again, I'd like to microwave them, see how they like it,whatever happened to an"eye for an eye" that seemed like a great solution and deterrant to me.if you do that to someone or something.then it should only be fair to do it back, then they'll know and understand.

Paula69
October 27th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Hi, in conjunction w/ this thread, I've started NOTES OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR SHYANNA in general forum! She's the girl whose rabbit was mutilated in Medicine Hat. Her dad was going to have her view this page to see notes from people, but I started it there just for her also. So, if anyone has a note of encouragement for her, please post there! Thank you!

Mahealani770
October 27th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know who may have done this to her rabbit? Also, did she find the rabbit inside or outside? I guess I'm a little confused.

P.S. The puppy I'm referring to here in Atlanta, was put into a baking oven, not a microwave oven..just to clarify. SICK FREAKS! :mad:

Paula69
October 27th, 2006, 01:34 PM
In a baking oven! Well that one I haven't heard, just assumed it was a microwave as that happens quite often I guess.....that's even worse.Poor dog. I spoke to Shyanna's dad, the rabbit was in a heavy duty cage, 4 ft off ground in backyard. No reason it should have happened, article is in General Forum under "Notes of Encouragement for Shyanna", as her dad was going to get her to view this page, but that might be a better idea....please give the girl a note there! Thanx again!

White Wolf
October 28th, 2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed. Please do not reopen closed issues.