Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Purely Canadian
October 20th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Hello Ladies and Gents!

I found this board last night while searching for some puppy info.

My name is Sherry and I reside in Lyons Brook, Nova Scotia. I lost my wonderful golden retriever, Shiloh, of 13 years last August. He was euthanized due to congestive heart failure. I am still grieving the loss of my beloved friend but I am also excited as we have just purchased an English Cream Golden Retriever puppy. The puppy, who will be named Lincoln, will be joining our family roughly the first week of December.

I am just so excited and want to show you some photos of the litter. I hope you don't mind!

http://stamp-shack.com/1.jpg

http://stamp-shack.com/2.jpg

Hunter's_owner
October 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Toooo cute!!!!
Welcome to the forum and I hope you post lots of pics as they grow :D

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the board! Beautiful puppies. Congrats!!:)

LibbyP
October 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hi and Welcome Purely Canadian, Really - Mind do we mind seeing cute baby pics? Common we love pics, and like everyone else I cannot wait to see pics of Lincoln as he grows. A loss of a friend is a hard road to overcome, good for you for giving yourself the time that was needed. Look forward to chatting sometime:pawprint:

Goldengirl
October 20th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I have an older golden girl, Becky, who is now 13 1/2 years old. Even though she is in good health right now, I take every day as a bonus one. I also have a 14 month old male golden, Oliver, who LOVES Beck! For Becky, the quiet days are becoming the norm which Oliver respects even though he would love to romp & play with her. But, he'll be able to do that when our other golden baby boy joins us in the late winter - Nigel!

Life begins in the spring and ends in the winter and seasons keep repeating themselves.

Purely Canadian
October 20th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Hi and Welcome Purely Canadian, Really - Mind do we mind seeing cute baby pics? Common we love pics, and like everyone else I cannot wait to see pics of Lincoln as he grows. A loss of a friend is a hard road to overcome, good for you for giving yourself the time that was needed. Look forward to chatting sometime:pawprint:

Yes, my children we bugging for a puppy two weeks after Shiloh had passed. I just couldn't do it. It took me a year before I could say "yes" to another dog but now that we've done it, I am more excited than ever! I know Shiloh would approve :)

rainbow
October 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss of Shiloh :grouphug: :candle: It is so devastating when we lose one of our beloved pets. :sad:

Lincoln will definitely fill the empty spot in your life. The pics you posted are adorable and I look forward to seeing pics of Lincoln in December.

Dobb
October 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
Hi Sherry, welcome to the forum, I just joined myself last week. This is a very good site from what I seen so far. Sorry to hear about your retriever, I went through the same last year with our shihzu and didn't want to go through it again, but something was missing in our life so we got another one two weeks ago. I see you are from Lyon's Brook, isn't that around Shubie? Iused to work in Shubie for a lady who ran a landscaping buisness and raised golden retrievers. You probaly know her. I live in Londonderry, about 20 miles the other side of Truro. Anyway, you take care and have fun with the new addition.
Later Dobb

marko
October 22nd, 2006, 07:25 AM
Welcome Purely!

As ADMIN, I wish I could welcome each new member - but I'm so 'everywhere' that I usually let our amazing members do it for me.

This morning though, I'm playing the role of insomniac and so I stumbled upon this thread. WELCOME! I hope you enjoy our board and you puppy pix are cuties!

Marko
ADMIN

angeldogs
October 22nd, 2006, 11:40 PM
welcome.Sorry about your loss.And the puppy pics are really cute.

sweetdove
October 26th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Purely Canadian Im so sorry to hear of your loss but Congrats on the new edition coming your way in December !Understand loss indeed-have lost 3 of our cats since January 2006 . Bear age 12 died Jan 6th his brother Midnight was 13 when he died June 3rd their 13th birthday was May 8th , we had to put Magic down Sept 11th he was 1/2 bobcat n 1/2 manx he was 12 yrs old on May 8th this yr .These 3 died of liver failure ! Butter who is Bears and Midnights brother is now 13 and has hyperthyroidism (hydrating him at home ,pills twice a day and today had to start forcing vitamins stuff down him its like the fur ball stuff ,,,,hes lost 1lb 2ozs since Oct 3rd please keep him in prayers ! We still have Swtpea shes 11 and ok and Tony age 8 hes ok ,,,My hubby and these 3 musical fur balls live in Jayco Designer 2003 5th wheel in Oregon ! We plan to retire and travel the USA and Canada soon ! Iam so glad I found this board tonight Welcome to all the new memebers here Iam also looking forward to meeting and making new friends here and getting helps with our cats ,,,,all suggestions and advice is gratefully welcomed Thanks ahead of time sweetdove

Purely Canadian
October 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
I have more photos of the litter to share! Unfortunately, I have no ideas which one is "Lincoln" as I'm not sure the breeder has decided which puppy belongs to which person yet. Don't you just want to cuddle them to death? Ahh, I can smell that puppy breath now....

http://stamp-shack.com/3-1.jpg

http://stamp-shack.com/3-2.jpg

http://stamp-shack.com/3-3.jpg

Hunter's_owner
October 27th, 2006, 09:43 AM
ummmm Puppy Breath :cloud9:
I don't know what it is about it, but I love it:love:

Your pictures are making it very hard for me to wait to get a puppy. I really miss Hunter's puppyness, especially considering it seems like it only lasted 1 month :(

Very very cute. It will be nice to watch him grow :)

LibbyP
October 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Gotta say I LOOOVE puppy breath also! Nothing better than picking up a tiny puppy and holding it close to your face and they do a big wide open yawn, LLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE IT:cloud9: I think I would have a hard time picking just one puppy from the group, is it your pics or are they all really light in colour? Love them cannot wait to see more, can't believe how much they've changed already, now their starting to be rollie, pollie puppies:cloud9:

meb999
October 27th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I think I'm in love!! They are too cute for words! :cloud9:

We have a pictures forum too, if you ever want to bombard us with pictures, we sure wouldn't mind :p

Purely Canadian
October 27th, 2006, 01:00 PM
is it your pics or are they all really light in colour?

These puppies are English Cream Goldens so they will stay rather light. They will look similar to this handsome devil:

http://stamp-shack.com/Pipe.jpg

LibbyP
October 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Oh now he is handsome, sorry I missed/skipped the part about them being cream, I was busy oohhing how cute the baby pics were:o

meb999
October 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM
awwwwwwwwwww :cloud9: :love: