Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'll never again doubt ...

Golden Girls
October 20th, 2006, 01:47 PM
the power of a cookie :D

I just drove by a rottie that was darting in and out of traffic not realizing at that moment it was the corner depaneur's guard dog.

This dog is trained and is purposely not socialized - u guys know what I mean :( During the day she lives in a little blocked off area in the back of the dep and the owners do not allow anyone to talk to her. I stop anyway and always bring her a cookie or two but she she can't see me. The only thing I ever see is her teeth when squeezing the cookies through the wood, their huge lol

Anyway I park and the people around were like no way that's that dog. My heart began to race bec I don't know now what to do. But thought if I just leave her she will get hit by a car plus she was running toward our hospital grounds. Logic got the better of me and I knelt down and called out loud LoLo - and like :pray: like hell. My heart was racing. Well, she comes charging toward me and I could of sworn I was going to be chop sewey. She jumps all over me licking away like we were best friends. I had tears in my eyes actually. Only part of it was fear the rest was so heartwarming just knowing she was thanking me for those cookies :cloud9: I guided her by jogging back to the store with her. The woman took an absolute fit on her ... well, I won't say but I stopped her from hitting her though. I'm going back tonight to talk with the husband, he's a wee bit nicer.

For a moment there I did want to keep her and I think I would of but too many people seen me :evil: . Oh well for now she's at least safe from cars or worst our city pound :rolleyes:

Anyway just wanted to share "what a difference a cookie makes" :)

technodoll
October 20th, 2006, 01:52 PM
what a beautiful story, GG! thanks for taking the time to share it... made my :love: swell with happiness! :highfive: just wish that poor sweet gal had a better life.... :(

Rottielover
October 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I know which dog you are talking about, a couple months ago I went into the store and there she was, just staring at me. The woman asked if I was scared, I looked at her and laughed. hell no I love rotties.
The little rottie girl then approached me and gave me many friendly kisses on the hand. I do not like her owners. That poor dog, starving for human compassion.
For a dog not socialized well, she is a total sweetheart.
Thank you for caring enough about her to look past the breed she is. You truly are her gaurdian angel.
Good luck with the husband, I think you will need it

LibbyP
October 20th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:highfive: Golden Girls, we had two similar shops that keep dogs for guarding purposes in my area. The one a beautiful thick chested Rotti girl, that late at night I also would sneak cookies(but she has been gone now for acouple years) and another with a huge Dane cross on occasion would get out of the compound if the snow was high enough and lay in the middle of the road, nobody would stop, just drive around her. Hubby and I stopped she came plodding(150lbs+) over to us and hopped in the back of the car, she was just happy to be somewhere warm, I was very sad that we had to return her as well:sad: Anyway I'm sure your heart and adrenalin was just a running with the thought of becoming lunch:D ;)

Golden Girls
October 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I know which dog you are talking about, a couple months ago I went into the store and there she was, just staring at me. The woman asked if I was scared, I looked at her and laughed. hell no I love rotties.
The little rottie girl then approached me and gave me many friendly kisses on the hand. I do not like her owners. That poor dog, starving for human compassion.
For a dog not socialized well, she is a total sweetheart.
Thank you for caring enough about her to look past the breed she is. You truly are her gaurdian angel.
Good luck with the husband, I think you will need it??? u mean the dog was inside this store???

cpietra16
October 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Psst...I say we break her out...tonight at midnight. Who's with me? Don't freak out Marko...I'm just kidding, although if I ever saw her dodging cars on the street I would play dumb and take her home...:D

Golden Girls
October 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
hehe you wanna? I couldn't play dumb, the people/owners know where I live :shrug: at least I know she likes me ;)

I've never seen her in the store other then when their closed. They keep her often chained inside the porch on the steamy days ... their completely clueless. Although their not the nicest people in the world I have gotten through to the husband on a few different issues regarding LoLo. Often when he sees me he comes outside to chat and seems quite amused by my affection towards my dogs. The thing is he asks questions regarding animal care so there is a little hope ... somewhere I guess.

Frenchy
October 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
hehe you wanna? I couldn't play dumb, the people/owners know where I live :shrug:
But they don't know where I live :cool: Thank you for saving her from maybe being hit by a car! :sad:

rainbow
October 20th, 2006, 08:37 PM
GG, you are an angel for doing what you did. :angel: Good luck with the husband. :fingerscr :fingerscr

meb999
October 20th, 2006, 09:13 PM
what a nice story. Good for you, GG!!

t.pettet
October 20th, 2006, 11:26 PM
The animal world could use more people like you - what a great story.;)

CyberKitten
October 21st, 2006, 01:38 AM
Thx for sharing that inspiring story. I too would be tempted to keep her - her so called "owners" do not deserve her, poor girl. You are her :angel:

I hope the discussion with the husband is better!!! Good luck!!!!

NOTE: On an unrelated note - while reading this, I heard a small whine. Thinking something was wrong with one of my kitties and kinda freaked - because they are all asleep - and then assuming maybe one was dreaming - I looked up at the window and there - in the pouring rain storm we are having is my neighbour's cat!!! I had just cat sat last week so that window is very tight so I went outside and brought him in. It is amost 3 am here, too late to contact them - he must've saw the light. He was soaked poor baby, he is now towel dry and all curled up on my bed with my cats - who've come to accept him as a frequent visitor - not sure they have a rewards plan yet tho, lol

Again, good luck!!!

jiorji
October 21st, 2006, 02:11 AM
awwwwwwww :cloud9:
i don't like the ending though. Stupid people, she was probably trying to escape. WHo knows what they do to her. what happens when she's older and they no longer need her services?:(

Rottielover
October 21st, 2006, 08:10 AM
If this is the same one, the owners are ethnic culture. Then yes she was in the store, and the owners were not too pleasant. But we may have 2 situations that are the same, Either way.....Congrats on looking past the breed and trying to help

Golden Girls
October 21st, 2006, 11:12 AM
I know Lolo doesn't have a wonderful life but there's worse. She has water and food and at night she gets to sleep inside the store. The depanneur is in Crawford Park (she's 15 months) is it the same dep? Everyone here has pets and are responsible wonderful owners so Lolo is not unnoticed, I think that helps alot.

I went to see him mainly because I don't want to get on their bad side and so far when he's asked about things he's done them. I know she's probably still mad but later I'll go buy something she'll be happy.

I tried to explain that hitting wont teach her what she did wrong and even more so after the fact but the language barrier doesn't help and alot ends up being sign language. I've been trying to get him to have her spayed. I used her escape as an example and said had she of been she might not of ran off not to mention she'd make a better guard dog :shrug: He's going to talk this over with his wife.

I was glad to see he fixed the fence (and not just put her back in the porch). I brought a bacon treat as a bonus :) It was pouring all day but it wasn't long b4 the store was closing at least she was going to be warm and dry. I got to pet her - he seemed pleased, I don't always get him but were trying. I've offered to buy him an alarm system in exchange for her - he always laughs when I say that. He turns it around and says buy the dep and he'll include her. Got to look at this one as half full

Rottielover: I love rottie's - their just big goofballs :love:

Golden Girls
October 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Rottie: Is it the same store? If not, can u tell me which dep you were referring to thanks