Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Santa Claus Photos - Dorval

coppperbelle
October 19th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Once again our rescue group will be holding their annual "Santa Claus Photos with your pet" This year they will be held on Saturday, November 4 between 10:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The address is 2225 Hymus (at the back of the building).
The cost is $15.00 for two colored photos (5 x7) or $25.00 for 12 Christmas cards (5 x 7 one pose). Taxes are included.
What a fun way to surprise family and friends by sending them a Christmas card with a picture of Santa with your pets.

For more information you can visit our web site

www.goldenrescuequebec.com

Prin
October 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM
That was soooo fun last year. I still have the cards though (never sent any out...:o). But standing in line, waiting for Santa with my kids is something I never thought I'd do. :D Super fun and so funny (and for a great cause! :)).

coppperbelle
October 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I am told that this years location is much larger so we can separate dogs that don't "like" each other while they are waiting to see Santa.

Prin
October 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
lol When I was there, we all got along, but it's great that it's bigger. Last time, we were stuck in the Science Diet aisle and people were getting ideas.:D

Frenchy
October 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I'll probably be there this year with Bailey and Sam.

coppperbelle
October 20th, 2006, 09:14 AM
lol When I was there, we all got along, but it's great that it's bigger. Last time, we were stuck in the Science Diet aisle and people were getting ideas.:D

There were no fights when I was there either but apparently there were some close calls. :eek:

Ummm, we weren't suggesting that anyone buy Science Diet by the way.

technodoll
October 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM
...after seeing the movie "Bad Santa" last week... i don't think i can ever look at a "mall santa" the same way again! :eek: :D :eek: :D

you're not hiring Billy Bob Thorton to wear the suit, right? :o

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ummm, we weren't suggesting that anyone buy Science Diet by the way.lol I know, but people were standing in line waiting, and reading the ingredients and stuff..:eek:

Frenchy, are you saying if we time it just right, we can meet? ;)

Frenchy
October 20th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Frenchy, are you saying if we time it just right, we can meet? ;)
Sure,we could set a time. Unless I have a foster,I would have to try to find someone to come with me,I can't control 3 dogs ! :eek:

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Cool. Now I have to convince the man that the cards from last year aren't enough and this should be an annual thing.:D

coppperbelle
October 31st, 2006, 05:57 AM
I just want to remind everyone that this is the weekend (Saturday) to get your pets picture taken with Santa. I will be there in the morning so if any of you drop by, be sure to say Hi!

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Frenchy when are you going? We can get Jiorji to come to help you control Molly.:evil:

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Frenchy when are you going? We can get Jiorji to come to help you control Molly.:evil:

If you are serious, (with the ok from Jiorji!) it would help me lots ! I could bring the 3 doggies !

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 07:45 PM
yeah ok :D

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 07:46 PM
oh but it better be a place I can reach by bus/train/metro

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hmm... I could pick you up either at henri bou or somewhere else...

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 07:57 PM
yay!! that means Jemm and Boo are going too!! right??

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 07:58 PM
of course! I don't think Mrs Claus would like me sitting on Santa's knee... :evil:

Now we just have to figure out a time... (:fingerscr Frenchy's not an early riser...)

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 08:03 PM
( Frenchy's not an early riser...)
and what makes you think I am? :o

I was just thinking today, if I get my doggy, he'll get lots of late night walks as opposed to 5 am walks

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:05 PM
No, I know you're not... But what about Frenchy... :o

Yeah, that's my strategy. Tired doggies who go to bed at 4 AM don't wake up at 8 AM either.:D

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 08:26 PM
Frenchy's not an early riser...)

:frustrated: Where did you get that ? Whatever seems ok with you girls...I don't mind.

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:29 PM
lol it was :fingerscr that Frenchy's not an early riser.:D

When do you want to go? :shrug:

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 08:37 PM
It's about an hour from my place so the earlier for me to be there would be 11h00 am. I guess before noon is a bit slower. I wasn't there last year (had a foster adopted the same day) but there probably more people in the afternoon. Really, I don't care. Since you are picking up Jiorji,and that she is nice enough to come and help (don't worry Jiorji,it's only to hold a leash) you girls decide.

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:39 PM
How bout noon-12:30? I pick up jiorji at 11:45ish at the metro, and head over...:shrug: That way nobody gets up too early.:D We have to get there before you if we're gonna help though.

erykah1310
October 31st, 2006, 08:41 PM
...after seeing the movie "Bad Santa" last week... i don't think i can ever look at a "mall santa" the same way again! :eek: :D :eek: :D

you're not hiring Billy Bob Thorton to wear the suit, right? :o

I love that movie for some sick and twisted reason (if i could shrink my font i would make this very very small, but , I think he's sexy :o)

And THIS must be the santa thing that you keep talking about.
We have nothing like this around here :sad:

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 08:42 PM
whatever you decide is fine with me :D

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:46 PM
lol so 7AM then? Alrighty! :D

:evil:

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 08:48 PM
umm that's when i go to bed!!:mad:
lol j/k i'm not that bad

Prin
October 31st, 2006, 08:51 PM
Ok, so when are you gonna be at the metro? Henri bou or cremazie?

Frenchy
October 31st, 2006, 08:53 PM
How bout noon-12:30? I pick up jiorji at 11:45ish at the metro, and head over...:

Perfect! It's a date. Let's confirm friday night :thumbs up (I'm a confirm kinda gal!) :shrug:

jiorji
October 31st, 2006, 09:08 PM
agreed.:D .

Frenchy
November 3rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
:sorry: soooo soooorry guys. I won't be able to make it. I got a message this morning,older golden at the pound,if not pick up today,would have been put down. So I'm picking her up tonight. Since she's a stray, I don't want to leave her alone tomorrow (the cat and all) and I can't bring 4 dogs in the car ! Take lots of pics for me please.

technodoll
November 3rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
oh no, not another one!! :( she is lucky you are there... sigh.

Frenchy
November 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
oh no, not another one!! :( she is lucky you are there... sigh.

I will be able to sicken everyone with lots of picks of the whole gang...:evil: golden overdose :yell: :D

Prin
November 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
:eek: :confused: :( :sad:

susieqt
November 5th, 2006, 12:17 AM
So, how was the turn out? Seeing that it was a nice day, I hope many doggies came by to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas!

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I dunno what the turnout was, but Jems and Boobs were part of it.:thumbs up

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I didn't want to say it before but we had competition.... another rescue was doing the same thing,same day :shrug:

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Who? Did they know?

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Who? Did they know?

I don't think so. Even if they knew,they didn't do it on purpose.I really like this rescue and we 'work' together. It's because of my contact if I was able to 'save' Sam,2 females from puppy mill and now Pavarti.

coppperbelle
November 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I don't know how we did but there did appear to be less people than last year. I will find out how we did tomorrow.
Thank you everyone who came out and supported us?

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I don't know how we did but there did appear to be less people than last year. I will find out how we did tomorrow.
Thank you everyone who came out and supported us?

:fingerscr And you're welcome? :D Sorry we didn't buy the big package... :o

coppperbelle
November 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Hey, you came out and supported us and that is all that matters. We appreciate it.

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, we'll be back next year. Hopefully Jiorji will have a dog by then.:D

jiorji
November 5th, 2006, 10:43 PM
if not i'll take Boo for a walk again and people will yell at me for him sniffing around and not behaving. It'll be like having my own dog :D

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 10:44 PM
lol or you could bring your kitties...:evil:

jiorji
November 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
i think guinea pig is safer because I know she won't go nuts and scratch everything that's fleshy

i hope piggy will still be alive then :(

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Hopefully Jiorji will have a dog by then.:D

:fingerscr If not I will be renting a van in case I have fosters and she can help me !