Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello = I'm new here

doggieperson
October 19th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I found this site by chance, hope someone can advise, I have aging black Labrador called George whom we love dearly he's 13 years + has many health problems, arthritis of the spine, colitis and last year diagnosed with colon cancer - inoperable - poor chap he plods on, eats well, looks forward to his walks which get slower by the day, my query is, He has been on Metacam for two years but a while back our Vet recommended we try him on Rymadil, after 10 days we noticed no difference, today she has suggested we try him on PLT being a steroid I looked it up on various sites, side affects looked awful, but quality of life is better now Vet said, has anyone experience of their pets on this drug ?? I would be so grateful for feedback - THANKS.

hazelrunpack
October 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hi, doggieperson. So sorry to hear about George.

I've had no experience specifically with PLT but perhaps someone else on the forum has and can help out.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you good luck with your buddy.

~michelle~
October 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
i am sorry i can offer you no advice just condolenses. i will pray for your dog to be ok:pray: