Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cost of Orijen

SuperWanda
October 18th, 2006, 05:41 PM
A few have asked what the cost is for the larger bags of Orijen. I pay $57.99 for a 29.7 lb (13.5 kg) bag. $65.53 with the taxes here in Winnipeg.

Both my dogs are still really enjoying this food :thumbs up

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
hey, that's not bad! :)

meb999
October 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I can't find it anywhere though.....

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM
This is Montreal, meb- you have to order everything that isn't mass marketed.:rolleyes:

meb999
October 18th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I was thinking about switching to a food that's easier to find. Maybe Ol' Roy...there's a walmart down the street :D

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM
:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

rainbow
October 18th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for posting the info Super Wanda. I still haven't seen it here but will ask next time I'm at the pet store.

meb999
October 18th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I wanted to ask last time I was at the food store, but I'm so braindead, I forgot which company makes orijen (Champion foods, right?)

So I ask the guy, and he looks at me like I'm crazy. And I said : 'you know, it's canadian. And it's high in protein...it's from...you know...that canadian food maker company.....it's O-R-I-J-E-N....they make acana too....you know....what are they called??'

I'm surprised he didn't kick me out of the store.

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM
lol I'm surprised he didn't know what you were talking about.

technodoll
October 18th, 2006, 09:09 PM
i got a bunch of samples from my neighborhood petstore, they're working hard at upgrading the food they sell... they've just added nature's variety and i got every sample.... 3 packs of "raw instinct" too :D but they had no idea that solid gold also made a grainless kibble, so... they'll be looking into adding that. :D

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, it's Barking at the moon. They cheapened the ingredients to it in the beginning of the summer.

technodoll
October 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM
but it's still better than "pukanuba" :D they've eliminated the SD, and then the Iams, they still have royal canin and Nutro, but i'm introducing them to other stuff... Fromm's... Innova... holistic Eagle Pack has a good rollover so he's keeping that... now Nature's Variety. at least they're listening! :thumbs up

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 09:23 PM
What about Timberwolf? Will they listen to that?! :fingerscr

technodoll
October 18th, 2006, 09:25 PM
i asked... they will check to see if they can get their distributor to have it somehow... :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
October 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I wanted to ask last time I was at the food store, but I'm so braindead, I forgot which company makes orijen (Champion foods, right?)

So I ask the guy, and he looks at me like I'm crazy. And I said : 'you know, it's canadian. And it's high in protein...it's from...you know...that canadian food maker company.....it's O-R-I-J-E-N....they make acana too....you know....what are they called??'

I'm surprised he didn't kick me out of the store.

Whenever I get that response I give them the company's website so they can see what a good food it is.

SuperWanda
October 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting the info Super Wanda. I still haven't seen it here but will ask next time I'm at the pet store.

I contacted Champion foods by e-mail and they gave me a list of stores here that were carrying it - they got back to me very quickly so you could try that as well.

rainbow
October 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks, will do that as the pet store in town that I like is out of the way. Hubby is out of town right now and I have to use the *****ty transit service we have here.