Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Are ****** dogs sedated?????

jessymoka
October 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Hello...

I don't even know if it was okay for me to say the name of the store or not??????:confused:

Yesterday I was on lunch and blowing some time and I stopped in at ****... I don't know why.

Every cage was full, at least 1 to 2 dogs in each... and EVERY dog was asleep.
Not one was awake. For having 20 or more dogs, what are the chances of ALL THOSE DOGS SLEEPING AT THE SAME TIME?????? That would be like a nursery with 25 babies all sleeping at one time.
One lady was holding a dog (customer) and this puppy was SO SO calm and not hopping all over etc. (basically not typical puppy behavior)

Also I rescued a dog from ****.
The first 2 days home she was SO mellow, after 3 days she was behaving as a normal puppy.
She has turned out to be GREAT, only because we love he SO much and spend a lot of time with her and work with her etc.
But I really really think those puppies are sedated... is there any proof they are???

~michelle~
October 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
i have no idea but it wouldnt surprise me in the least..... petstores do rediculous things to animals to make them seem more buyable . but also it could be that they're in a cage constantly scared, overcrowded, bored and underfed/poorly fed....

coppperbelle
October 18th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know if they are sedated but that is a very scary thought. Maybe they are just plain depressed. There is a place near me that sells puppies. The puppies are displayed in a window facing a fairly busy street. They also do "dog training", ya right!!!! Those puppies are also very quiet whenever I walk by. Makes me wonder. Their breeding practices are unethical, why not just go and drug the pups too.

Golden Girls
October 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I've often wondered if pets were sedated in pet stores too, they look so :sad:
There is a place near me that sells puppies. The puppies are displayed in a window facing a fairly busy street. They also do "dog training", ya right!!!! Those puppies are also very quiet whenever I walk by.That place is soooo depressing, my heart pounds everytime I'm at the vet. I stay outside with my dogs and you see owners dropping their dogs off for training school. Trainers in alien jumpsuits all over the place :sad: I admit I've gone in and made reallly bad scenes. I abhor them -I also tell all the clients what they do to "train" them :mad:

meb999
October 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
There is a place near me that sells puppies. The puppies are displayed in a window facing a fairly busy street. They also do "dog training", ya right!!!! Those puppies are also very quiet whenever I walk by. Makes me wonder. Their breeding practices are unethical, why not just go and drug the pups too.

Yeah, I think anyone from around here knows EXACTLY who you're talking about....:mad:
I wouldn't be surprised if they sedate dogs in petstores. My dad bought his Springer Spaniel in a petstore (I know, I know....) and he told me he bought him because he fell asleep in his arms. Fell asleep in your arms? a Springer Spaniel???? My dad got the surprise of his life when his pup came home and sprang to life....

phoenix
October 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
might be true BUT...

both of my puppies were calm as anything for the first day or so. We only saw their true colors once they got comfortable in the situation!

hazelrunpack
October 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM
both of my puppies were calm as anything for the first day or so. We only saw their true colors once they got comfortable in the situation!

Oh, yeah! Week 9--someone musta jumpstarted this puppy! LOL Been there, remember that! :crazy:

mafiaprincess
October 19th, 2006, 01:58 PM
My 'rescue' came from there. She was never calm and was hyper in the store when my roomie played with her.. And was hyper when we brought her home. It's a little odd they were all quiet and content, but there might be something more sketchy than most going on at that particular store.. It's not necessarily a wide spread thing.