Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it the dog or the cat?

rbeal14417
October 17th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I live with my mom and sister and they have a 6-8 month old dog. He has never been very good about pooing where he is supposed to. My cat on the other hand has never been a problem. My bedroom is in the basement. The cat has the freedom to come and go as she pleases as the basement door does not have a handle. The dog has never been brave enough to attempt the stairs. My sister has coddled this dog. He's the biggest wimp I've ever seen. Anyways, recently, my sister's boyfriend helped the dog figure out how to come into the basement. And I have been finding piles of poo pretty much every day since. Just this evening, I left my house at 630. The rest of the family left around 7. When I got home at 8, there was a pile of poo again...always in the same area. I asked my mom if the dog had been in the kennel and the reply was yes. I also asked if he had been out of anyones sight at all before they left and was told no. However, if that is the case, where did this pile of poo come from? It looks too big to be coming from the cat and there is poo in the cat's litterbox. If I put a handle on the basement door, then the cat will be locked out as well as the dog and she will not be happy about it. Any ideas?

mafiaprincess
October 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Babygate the top of the stair.. Cat can climb it hopefully dog won't learn to jump it.