Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just about the cutest dog ever! lol!

bethaliz
October 17th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm growing Roxie out, much to my family's horror. I gave her a bath yesterday and she had enough hair for a top knot again!!! So I took some pictures................She's sooooooocute! Yes I"m bias, but still............take a look

bethaliz
October 17th, 2006, 11:39 AM
ONe One more for the road.......I took like 60 pic's.......lol....I think I got carried away

technodoll
October 17th, 2006, 11:40 AM
so clean! so shiny! so angelic!

you go, girl! :thumbs up :crazy:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I'm growing Roxie out, much to my family's horror.

:sorry: New here. So why is your family horrified? She's a doll! :D :cloud9:

rainbow
October 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM
What a cutie....I love the second pic. :D

bethaliz
October 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I know, she's the greatest.......you'd never know by looking at the picture, how much of a monster she can be at times! Not that I'd change a thing about her.

hazelrunpack - To answer your question - Roxie is a Shih Tzu, so if you don't cut them down every so many weeks they grow an long coat, which is beautiful if it's well maintained. I'm learning how to breed/show them, so I'm growing her out to learn how to care for the coat.

My family is horrified, because there are 8 other Shih Tzu's in the family and they thing it's horrible to keep the dog in full coat..........I also live with my aunt at the moment, while I go back to school........When you look at her freshly cut dogs, my looks awful when she hasn't been brushed, because her hair is in that in between stage.........so they don't think she looks as nice.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM
there are 8 other Shih Tzu's in the family

Excellent! We have 6 English setters...I imagine we have comparable armies of hair balls floating down the hall :D The more the merrier. :crazy:

I think Roxie looks lovely in her in-between stage :)

t.pettet
October 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Why not get into rescue instead of learning to breed/show them, you'll be doing the shelter shih-tzu a tremendous favour and think of all the scraggily coats you could practice on.

bethaliz
October 18th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I'll definately appreciate the suggestion about getting involved in rescue. That is also something on my list. However, there are very few in my area that need rescuing. All of the shelters and rescue centers in the area have waiting list 3 blocks long of people that want these dogs. I've contacted the rescues that I know of, but the only ones that have dogs are farther out. We are very lucky here, for our breed. Like my mentor, I will never turn away a dog and will happily take in and rehome, retrain whatever any dog that needs a hand, regardless of weather or not it's a Shih Tzu. At this point tho I don't have the space. As it is I have 1 dog, just Roxie. I work with my breeder, I use her dogs, until next year when I move out and get more space.

If anyone knows of dogs, Shih Tzu's (small dogs anyway) that need rescuing, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

p.s. I just wanted to add that I have tried to assist in resuce as well. I applied to volunteer with the SPCA and with the other rescues in my area, but the response I have received from everyone of them is that they have enough volunteers (and foster homes) at this time, but i"m on a waiting list.........so thats a good thing.