Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newbie to here but not to pet ownership

Goldengirl
October 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Just a quick introduction...... as I'm sure that your life is as busy as mine is....

As my name implies, I'm a mother to (2) purebred, CKC reg'd golden retrievers. Both of my kids came from responsible breeders - Becky, my old girl, is now 14 1/2 years old and going strong - she still goes for her daily 2K walk - she might be slow but she's mighty. I put her good health down to good genetic background, excellent vet care, being fed properly (maintaining her teenage weight of 65 lbs), lots of exercise and lots of love. My "baby" is 14 month old Oliver. I'm presently preparing Oliver for the Novice obedience ring and will be making our grand entrance on November 4th. Ollie is the kind of boy who will either get a 199.5 or blow it completely in the ring!

I consider myself to be a VERY responsible pet owner - Beck is spayed (no puppies for her) and Oliver was neutered at 7 months even though he is confirmation show quality. Both of my guys came with non-breeding contracts and I'd be concerned if the breeder didn't insist on them. I have a very strong conviction that you shouldn't be breeding any animal unless you can better the breed.

I must admit that my minivan is covered in dog hair as my kids go everywhere with us - something new for my partner (the kids' Dad) who had never been around dogs until 2003 and he's loving it. We even have plans for adding another member to the family in spring 2007 - yes, another Golden! Yes, I've even passed along my love of goldens to my daugher & her new husband - they presently have a 2 year old female with plans for another one within the next year. You could call us the "Golden Family"!

Prin
October 16th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the board!

Umm.. If Ollie was neutered, can you still show him? :o

And where are the pics? We need to see how pretty they are.:)

Goldengirl
October 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I cannot show Oliver in the confirmation ring... the judge would get a "little" surprise when he reached underneath.

(I tried to attach a pic without success. Hmmmmm)

rainbow
October 17th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. I'd also like to see pics of Becky and Oliver.

Prin
October 17th, 2006, 12:56 AM
She's trying, she's trying! :D:D

rainbow
October 17th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Well, maybe you need to explain because you know how computer saavy I am. :D

Prin
October 17th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Aw, but it's so hard to explain!:D

Here: post 268
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22373&page=9
Lewisw posted a pic of how to do it.:)